Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Seat Memory to 2014 Town & Country

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Default Adding Seat Memory to 2014 Town & Country

Just bought a 2014 T&C Touring-L, which is pretty loaded. Heated front power seats and middle seats, 430N Uconnect w Garming GPS, Blu ray with 2nd and 3rd row screens, sunroof, drive convenience package, etc. Pretty much everything but seat/mirror memory.

I really like the T&C, but miss the seat/mirror memory, which I have on my Lexus. Didn't realize that the memory is available on the Limited until now.

So, is it possible to add the following two parts to my T&C, and get seat/mirror memory working? Based on the schematic below, assuming the wiring is already there, then I'm hoping that by plugging in the modules below, it may work. Can anyone confirm, or be able to give me some more info? Thanks!

68053907AF Mopar SEAT MEMORY MODULE $82.63
Mopar Part 68053907AF SEAT MEMORY MODULE

68052036AB Mopar MEMORY SELECTOR SWITCH $10.40
Mopar Part 68052036AB MEMORY SELECTOR SWITCH

Modules Body. Fits: GRAND CARAVAN 3.6L V6 VVT, 6-Speed Automatic 62TE C/V, GRAND CARAVAN 3.6L V6 VVT, 6-Speed Automatic 62TE CREW, GRAND CARAVAN... | Factory Chrysler Parts
This shows where the various modules are located. Looks like the memory module is located in the front passenger door.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:31 AM

I just picked up my used 2014 T&C and was disappointed it has just about everything BUT memory seating. Seems like it would be a no-brainer.

Did you get any resolution on adding the parts and what it might take to make this happen?

thanks

Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Old 04-02-2015, 12:23 PM

I did talk to the dealer service guys, and they didn't think that it wouldn't be as plug and play and I thought I might be. In other words, they weren't confident that the actual wiring would be there in the wiring harnesses.

The reality is, they didn't really know one way or another.

My gut tells me that they run ALL the wiring in all the T&C's. It seem cheaper to run everything, and not have to make all kind of different changes for each different trim level.

But I have not yet undertaken this task, as my 16 month old toddler and upcoming baby boy have taken priority. But if I get some time, I may just order these couple of parts, and see what's what.

Though, in my priority list, I may just unlock the GPS NAV/Front DVD display to remove the restrictions first.

Originally Posted by Beardinals
I just picked up my used 2014 T&C and was disappointed it has just about everything BUT memory seating. Seems like it would be a no-brainer.

Did you get any resolution on adding the parts and what it might take to make this happen?

thanks

Old 04-03-2015, 04:36 AM

I have installed the memory seat. The wiring harness is not in the car!

Look in the link, I have listed the parts needed, all images from the installation and programming is also described there.

Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep - Auto - Forum | Chrysler Voyager - Forum | Nachrüstung Memory-Sitz (Sales Code JT2)

Steffen

Old 08-23-2015, 01:19 PM

Does anyone have these instructions in English?

Old 02-22-2016, 07:22 PM

Has anyone had any luck with this yet?

Old 02-23-2016, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by ifmt401
Does anyone have these instructions in English?
If you google "google translate" and put http://www.chrysler-forum.com/thread.php?threadid=67992 into the search box, it gives you a link to the right of the search box. That link has it all in English.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:20 AM

I had looked at that German page a few months ago. However, I just looked at it again, and it seems he's added a lot more information, more detailed pictures, etc. I haven't yet attempted it, due to the fact that I have two children, one just over 2, and one 6 months, so I haven't had time yet.

This is a doable project. However, it will take time and effort. You have to order the parts, and disassemble the seats as he showed.

He mentioned that he did not have the seat heaters in his car. My 2014 T&C Limited has heating seats, and he seems to indicate that you probably don't have to get all new wiring harnesses.

It looks like the seats would be the biggest project, and even that seems to simply involve disassembling them to plug stuff in and replace the seat adjuster.

However, I would not touch the power adjustable pedals. I see no value in adding memory for them, since even at their furthest distance, I think they're too close to the seat. I'm 5'11", and I wish the pedals went back another 2 inches, especially the brake, its way too forward (I have fantasies of cutting the brake pedal column, and bolting it back on so its further back.) My wife is 5'5", and she doesn't move the pedals closer either. So unless you or your SO are under 5' 5", it's not worth the effort he took for the pedals. The lack of pedal distance is my biggest complaint with the 2014 T&C, second only to the ridiculous amount of effort required to turn the steering wheel, and the bouncy ride when the van is lightly loaded.

As you can see, I have unresolved issues with my 2014 T&C, but the kids like it.

Originally Posted by Scotsman4th
If you google "google translate" and put Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep - Auto - Forum | Chrysler Voyager - Forum | Nachrüstung Memory-Sitz (Sales Code JT2) into the search box, it gives you a link to the right of the search box. That link has it all in English.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:28 AM

Also, he mentions that he bought a complete set of seats for a 2008 model, and something about the motors needing to be memory compatible.

I think that there is no need to buy new motors, seats, and or anything like that. I believe that all you need is the new memory seat module, the new seat switches, the memory buttons on the door, and possibly new cables. It makes no sense that motors would be different between the two different options. Motors simply respond to an electrical voltage, nothing to do with memory.

I will probably buy the parts for this soon, and in the next couple of months begin working on this. I will post pictures and any additional instructions when I get it to work. My very first post in this thread, over a year ago, has links to the seat memory module, and door buttons, and a diagram of where things are located. The only thing that I need to find is the new seat switch.

Originally Posted by Scotsman4th
If you google "google translate" and put Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep - Auto - Forum | Chrysler Voyager - Forum | Nachrüstung Memory-Sitz (Sales Code JT2) into the search box, it gives you a link to the right of the search box. That link has it all in English.

Quick Reply: Adding Seat Memory to 2014 Town & Country