Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater Air Direction not working....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Default Heater Air Direction not working....

Morning all

I have a 2007 (UK) Grand Voyager with the automatic climate control. When i turn the dial to direct the airflow to screen, floor, vents etc etc i can hear a faint noise of a motor whirring but the airflow dosent actually change from the face vents no matter what setting its on, can anyone shed any light at all??

Thanks

Old 10-15-2012, 03:01 PM

Hi I have the exact same problem. Did you get to the bottom of it? Any help would be appreciated

Old 10-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Sounds like a stuck blend door(s)/linkage or blend door motor failure.

The air distribution housing is mounted to the rear of the HVAC housing and contains the heater core, blend-air doors and actuators, mode-air doors and actuator and door linkage.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:39 AM

Thank you for the reply and you are spot on. I took off a few panels from below the steering and can see 3 motors (not sure if this is the right term), some cogs and linkages. I took off the 1st motor and tested it and it spins. The white linkages seem stuck, or possibly one of the other motors is not working. How would I go aroubd this? If I pull it apart does it need to be re-fitted in the right sequence or does it realign itself?

Thanks

Old 10-17-2012, 02:36 PM

could it just be a vacuum hose disconnected (or rotted) under the hood?
(or are they electric motors?)

My ram is vacuum motors and a disconnected/broke vacuum line is usually the cause of the problem.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:58 AM

I only wish. Damn thing has 3 electrical actuators and a load of gearing behind the dash.

It all seems to work but it seems one of the arms are not in line.

My vehicle has the automatic heating control and by turning ignition on and holding down power and recycle button simultaneously for 5 seconds it does an auto align. But this doesn't solve my problem. Hope it helps someone else

Thanks for the reply anyway its much appreciated

Old 10-18-2012, 12:53 PM

The blend door actuators for the front heating-A/C system are reversible, 12-volt Direct Current (DC), servo motors. Models with the front single zone heating-A/C system have a single blend-air door, which is controlled by a single blend door actuator. Models with the optional front dual zone heating-A/C system have dual blend-air doors, which are controlled by two blend door actuators.

The blend door actuator for the single zone heating-A/C system is located on the driver side end of the front HVAC air distribution housing, close to the middle of the distribution housing.

For the dual zone heating-A/C system, the same blend door actuator used for the single zone system becomes the driver side blend door actuator, which is mechanically connected to only the driver side blend-air door. A second separate blend door actuator is also located on the driver side of the front HVAC air distribution housing which is mechanically connected to only the passenger side blend-air door.

The front blend door actuators are interchangeable with each other, as well as with the actuators for the mode-air door and the recirculation-air door. Each actuator is contained within an identical black molded plastic housing with an integral wire connector receptacle. Each actuator also has an identical output shaft with splines that connect it to its respective door linkage and two integral mounting tabs that allow the actuator to be secured to the front HVAC housing. The front blend door actuators do not require mechanical indexing to the blend-air doors, as they are electronically calibrated by the A/C-heater control.

The A/C-heater control must be recalibrated each time an actuator motor is replace.

The blend door actuators are connected to the A/C-heater control through the vehicle electrical system by a dedicated two-wire lead and connector of the HVAC wire harness. The blend door actuator(s) can move the blend-air door(s) in two directions. When the A/C-heater control pulls the voltage on one side of the motor connection high and the other connection low, the blend-air door will move in one direction. When the A/C-heater control reverses the polarity of the voltage to the motor, the blend-air door moves in the opposite direction.

When the A/C-heater control makes the voltage to both connections high or both connections low, the blend-air door stops and will not move.

The A/C-heater control uses a feedback signal positioning system to monitor the operation and relative position of the blend door actuator(s) and the blend-air door(s). The A/C-heater control learns the blend-air door stop positions during the calibration procedure and will store a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for any problems it detects in the blend door actuator circuits.

The blend door actuators can be diagnosed using a dealer scan tool.

The blend door actuators cannot be adjusted or repaired and must be replaced if found inoperative or damaged.

The front mode door actuator is interchangeable with the actuators for the blend-air doors and the recirculation-air door. Each actuator is contained within an identical black molded plastic housing with an integral wire connector receptacle. Each actuator also has an identical output shaft with splines that connect it to its respective door linkage and two integral mounting tabs that allow the actuator to be secured to the front HVAC housing. The front mode door actuator does not require mechanical indexing to the mode-air doors, as it is electronically calibrated by the A/C-heater control.

The mode door actuator is connected to the A/C-heater control through the vehicle electrical system by a dedicated two-wire lead and connector of the HVAC wire harness. The mode door actuator can move the mode-air doors in two directions. When the A/C-heater control pulls the voltage on one side of the motor connection high and the other connection low, the mode-air doors will move in one direction. When the A/C-heater control reverses the polarity of the voltage to the motor, the mode-air doors move in the opposite direction.

When the A/C-heater control makes the voltage to both connections high or both connections low, the mode-air doors stop and will not move.

The A/C-heater control uses a feedback signal positioning system to monitor the operation and relative position of the mode door actuator and the mode-air doors. The A/C-heater control learns the mode-air doors stop positions during the calibration procedure and will store a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for any problems it detects in the mode door actuator circuits.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:44 AM

BRILLIANT and thankyou very much for so much detailed information. I really appreciate you taking the time out to help.

Regards

Saf

Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 AM

No problem Saf,

Good luck on getting that issue resolved asap.

Regards

Tony

Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Default location of air blend door in distribution housing?

I have a 2003 Chrysler Voyager with single zone and my blend door has broken. I would like to manipulate it to the heat position but I'm not able to get a clear picture on exactly where it is located in the distribution housing. When I removed the actuator the plastic spindle protruding from the housing could be rotated freely and did not affect the air door position. At first I was able to drill a small hole slightly above the heater core and using a piece of stiff bent wire and lifting up was able to regain full heat. So I left the wire wedged in place and all was well for a month. Now the wire has moved and no heat again. I am able to feed the wire through the hole and feel the fins on the top of the heater core so I think that is open to air passage across the core. Can anyone share info or pics as to the exact location of the blend door in the distribution housing? I need to "see" inside the housing so I know where to probe the door open. I have full air movement at the discharge outlets it is just warm not hot so I think there is a partial blockage but I can't locate it now. I even used my borescope and can't see it.

Originally Posted by ChryslerCares
The blend door actuators for the front heating-A/C system are reversible, 12-volt Direct Current (DC), servo motors. Models with the front single zone heating-A/C system have a single blend-air door, which is controlled by a single blend door actuator. Models with the optional front dual zone heating-A/C system have dual blend-air doors, which are controlled by two blend door actuators.

The blend door actuator for the single zone heating-A/C system is located on the driver side end of the front HVAC air distribution housing, close to the middle of the distribution housing.

For the dual zone heating-A/C system, the same blend door actuator used for the single zone system becomes the driver side blend door actuator, which is mechanically connected to only the driver side blend-air door. A second separate blend door actuator is also located on the driver side of the front HVAC air distribution housing which is mechanically connected to only the passenger side blend-air door.

The front blend door actuators are interchangeable with each other, as well as with the actuators for the mode-air door and the recirculation-air door. Each actuator is contained within an identical black molded plastic housing with an integral wire connector receptacle. Each actuator also has an identical output shaft with splines that connect it to its respective door linkage and two integral mounting tabs that allow the actuator to be secured to the front HVAC housing. The front blend door actuators do not require mechanical indexing to the blend-air doors, as they are electronically calibrated by the A/C-heater control.

The A/C-heater control must be recalibrated each time an actuator motor is replace.

The blend door actuators are connected to the A/C-heater control through the vehicle electrical system by a dedicated two-wire lead and connector of the HVAC wire harness. The blend door actuator(s) can move the blend-air door(s) in two directions. When the A/C-heater control pulls the voltage on one side of the motor connection high and the other connection low, the blend-air door will move in one direction. When the A/C-heater control reverses the polarity of the voltage to the motor, the blend-air door moves in the opposite direction.

When the A/C-heater control makes the voltage to both connections high or both connections low, the blend-air door stops and will not move.

The A/C-heater control uses a feedback signal positioning system to monitor the operation and relative position of the blend door actuator(s) and the blend-air door(s). The A/C-heater control learns the blend-air door stop positions during the calibration procedure and will store a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for any problems it detects in the blend door actuator circuits.

The blend door actuators can be diagnosed using a dealer scan tool.

The blend door actuators cannot be adjusted or repaired and must be replaced if found inoperative or damaged.

The front mode door actuator is interchangeable with the actuators for the blend-air doors and the recirculation-air door. Each actuator is contained within an identical black molded plastic housing with an integral wire connector receptacle. Each actuator also has an identical output shaft with splines that connect it to its respective door linkage and two integral mounting tabs that allow the actuator to be secured to the front HVAC housing. The front mode door actuator does not require mechanical indexing to the mode-air doors, as it is electronically calibrated by the A/C-heater control.

The mode door actuator is connected to the A/C-heater control through the vehicle electrical system by a dedicated two-wire lead and connector of the HVAC wire harness. The mode door actuator can move the mode-air doors in two directions. When the A/C-heater control pulls the voltage on one side of the motor connection high and the other connection low, the mode-air doors will move in one direction. When the A/C-heater control reverses the polarity of the voltage to the motor, the mode-air doors move in the opposite direction.

When the A/C-heater control makes the voltage to both connections high or both connections low, the mode-air doors stop and will not move.

The A/C-heater control uses a feedback signal positioning system to monitor the operation and relative position of the mode door actuator and the mode-air doors. The A/C-heater control learns the mode-air doors stop positions during the calibration procedure and will store a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for any problems it detects in the mode door actuator circuits.

Quick Reply: Heater Air Direction not working....