General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Default Heated Seats

Hi Again folks,

Thanks for the advice on the anti roll bar bushes. All changed this morning (half hour once I got my tools out) and not too difficult a job. I have a nother issue though.

My wife told me her (drivers) seat pad does not heat up anymore so I started to remove the leather seat cover and found a small burn hole and indeed a couple of frayed wires. It's on a 2002 UK spec grand voyager. Can I just replace the heater element or do I need new seat pad as well. Ant good advice for where to buy in the UK or shall I go US and pay shipping..?

Thanks again

Ashley

Old 02-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Heated Seats

there might be a recall on your van for the heated seats check a dealer or give me the vin and i iwll look

Old 02-10-2007, 04:34 PM

Thanks CHRYSLER TECH for the fast reply,

Does it make a difference if I'm in the UK..? Anyway, the number from the base of the screen is 1C8GHN1792U555166.

Even better if I can get it fixed for free..! If this is possible I assume I just call my local dealer and tell them the problem and that there is a recall for this. Do I need to know the recall number.?

It's just been in for a replacement handbrake on recall so they know about my car.

Any help you can give would be grately apprciated.

I LOVE FORUMS..!!!!

Regards
Ashley

Old 02-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

nope sorry i only saw the HAND BRAKE MECHANISM which u just said they did . They have the same info as I do as far as the recalls and there was not on on your van. There is arepair kit for it which u replace the elements. Humm i doubt u want to do this yourslef the seats come out and come apart inorder to replace them.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:15 PM

Ok Thanks for checking. I don't mond pulling the seats apart. I'm quite handy at doing jobs. Would it be easier (but probably more expensive) to buy a replacement heating element and replace the whole thing...? I don't mind stripping the seats down to do this sort of thing.

Any idea of UK suppliers rather than paying main dealer parts prices..?

Thanks

Old 02-11-2007, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

no there is a kit for replacing the bad seat parts thats why there is a recall on some of them. U can get just the seat back or lower area which ever is not working. But b4 u go to that u can check the resistance on each of the elements with a DVOM. Just place it across each of the terminals to see if there is conunity on either the lower or upper element.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Thanks - I'm a bit lost as to what to do next though.

Neither the base or the back heaters get warm on that seat. How do I test to see if they are both duff or just one. There is a small hole (like a cigarette burn) on the foam base and a broken wire there. I assume this is the element that's broken..? Does it all run inline from base to back of seat etc.. ie one break stops it all from working.?

Do you test for continuity at the plug..? Any pics available.?

Thanks Again.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

if u see a wire out of the seat then yes need to have the element put in. here is the manual for the testing.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:39 PM

Thanks but all I see in the attachment is a garbled txt file. It has no spaces in between words and virtually illegable. Could you re post or send me a link rather than the document itself.

Thanks

Old 02-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

there is not a link I cant link u to chrysler secure web site if u give me an email i can mail u the pdf file itself

Quick Reply: Heated Seats