Archive - For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

UNIQUE and RARE OPPORTUNITY!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Default UNIQUE and RARE OPPORTUNITY!!

"UNIQUE" and "RARE OPPORTUNITY" to OWN a small piece of CHRYSLER/DELOREAN history!!"

I have in my possession a lighter that is RARE in itself, but also because it has the PENTASTAR engraved on it.

Why is this special? Well this lighter was given to a very close family friend which was then passed on to me. They formerly worked for Chrysler in Canada and the Dolorean Motor Company in Irelend.

The lighter was a gift from a Don Lander. Who was Don and what was his link to Chrysler? Here is a short resume of his amazing achievements:
He was Managing Director of Chrysler United Kingdom Ltd, V. P. Chrysler Corporation Europe, Middle East and Africa, Group V.P. Chrysler Corporation and President/Chair man of the Board of Chrysler International and Chairman of the Board and President of Chrysler Canada Ltd. Briefly and prior to moving to Canada Post Corporation spent time consulting with the Delorean Motor Car Corporation in the United Kingdom as Managing Director preparing the vehicle for production and launch. He joined Canada Post Corporation in 1984 in the capacity of Executive V.P. and Chief Operating Officer.

Sadly Don passed away in February.

This lighter EXCEEDS the quality of Dunhill as well as DuPont lighters. The Quercia Family were the PREMIER lighter makers of France and Western Europe. Their labels: Abdulla, Flamidor and Flaminaire are World renown. The VINCI brand was reserved for their ABSOLUTE BEST products.

I will be listing this item on eBay in the next few days, but i thought i would let you Chrysler enthusiasts know first to give you a jump on anyone else.

It will be listed under Cigarette Lighters, Vintage (Pre-1970). Of course i will reserve the right to withdraw the listing at any time.

Regards
Bucephalus

Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Got pics?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Default Lighter

Sorry i havn't got back sooner. I do have some pics. I don't know if i'm able to put them on here. I shall try.