300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

'04 300m sometimes won't start/alarm blinking

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 06:17 PM

this is from bull dog alarms for a remote start something might be wrong with this . NOTE #1: this vehicle is equipped with CHRYSLER'S ANTI-THEFT TRANSPONDER System, that will

require a 791 bypass module and an extra key for operation or the XK09 Bypass

Module that does not require a key for operation to order go to the INTERFACE

BYPASS MODULE PAGE on this website.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by MoParrMan
I don't get it. The 300m came from the factory with a built-in alarm system. What more does this dealer-installed alarm do?
I wish I knew. I didn't even want it but this 300m was the last new one in the Phoenix metro area and, well, I really wanted a new 300m and it happened to come with it.

What more does it do? Go off during thunderstorms, or when trucks or motorcycles pass. It's got an LED at the front and a momentary switch on the back and some wires coming out of it.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 PM

have to find the box under the dash and see what brand and model no. it is. then you can search the net for a manual to see what all it does,

Old 10-17-2013, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by 94lhs
have to find the box under the dash and see what brand and model no. it is. then you can search the net for a manual to see what all it does,
This alarm goes off if someone bumps the car or grabs the door handle.

I took a quick look just now and found a white box under the steering column (but above some bracket so I couldn't see too well). All I could make out was "Pass Code System".

I'll have a better look tomorrow in the daylight.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:53 PM

if you can find name and model that will help. then should be easy to find what you have

Old 10-17-2013, 09:55 PM

that box might have a key in it . that box bypass the factory sensor

Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM

Okay, here is the box. I did some looking and found references to arming and disarming by pressing both arm and disarm buttons simultaneously, etc. I have a Chrysler remote with unlock, lock, trunk, and panic. Lock is "arm" and unlock is "disarm" but I don't know if that's going to get me anywhere.

Do these come with a spare key? Is that what's behind the little door looking thing on the opposite side? And if I wanted to remove this entirely (assuming it's the problem) is it easily done? Replacements of this are available on Ebay for $25 or so.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:59 PM

there should be a box with another key inside it . if you have anymore keys try switching them out . see if car starts and runs.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by 94lhs
there should be a box with another key inside it . if you have anymore keys try switching them out . see if car starts and runs.
What's frustrating is that the car starts and runs *most* of the time. It's just that the past couple of weeks the car has suddenly developed this crank/no start thing. The first time it happened I just tried a second time and it turned over, but the past couple of times it's required several attempts.

So far the only thing that struck me as out of the ordinary was the light blinking twice, off, twice, etc. According to the docs I've found this means the car is in valet mode.

I have only two keys for this car - both came with it. The other day when I was having difficulty (four or five attempts/fails) I tried the other key and it started right up. That could mean something, or that could be coincidence. I'm carrying both keys with me and seeing if I can spot a pattern.

BTW, any idea what happens if and when the battery gets low in the remotes?

Old 10-18-2013, 04:54 PM

low batt on remote has nothing to do with starting . by your pics there should be a box with another car key in it . so you should have 3 keys for your car . that is for when they bypass the oem system to make there system work. that key might be getting bad or the system or a loose wire depending on the install if they solder the wires .

Quick Reply: '04 300m sometimes won't start/alarm blinking