300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

2001 LHS hesitates or hick-ups HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Default 2001 LHS hesitates or hick-ups HELP

Hello,

The reason I am doing this is because my lhs hesitates or hick-ups whenever it wants but sometimes at an idol and sometimes when climbing a hill while in a high gear. I figured fuel filter but that next to impossible to get to, I figured plugs are a good start with 130000 on it.
Well First thing I did was run a scan to see if anything came up and no codes given. I then decided to change the spark plugs as a routine maintenance. I was able to remove 2 of the coils but have striped the screws on the others. I bought a screw removal tool and all that does is spin inside the head making it worse. So I am now going to have to really f it up to get the new plugs in but this is my problem.

So now that I cant remove the coils I decided to just pinpoint the issue. With the hood open and starting the car, I hear what sounds like an arching noise but there are no wires in this car so what would be arching? I have narrowed it down to the arching noise coincides with the hick up/hesitation but check engine light isnt on and no codes show on a scan.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Scott

Old 04-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Default Lhs

I had a '96 LHS with the same motor. A typical problem was the intake manifold gasket. It would fall apart and cause the issue you describe. Its not that hard to replace. Sounds like you may have a coil that is leaking current out somewhere. Try looking at it somewhere when its completely dark. You might find it grounding out around the one of the coils.
Good Luck.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Default .

hmm, sorry to hijack ur thread, but I stripped the screws taking out 2/6 of my spark plug coils as well. If you find a place that would be national, that will tap your screws, please let me know. I replaced 4/6 of my spark plugs 5 months ago with Bosch Platinum+2, but since I stripped the crescent screws on 2 of em, and I havent been able to find a place that will actually tap the screws for me, while inside the car, its been bothering the heck out of me ever since. Still have the 2 new sparkplugs in my glovebox just waiting.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 AM

Ky,

I used a dremel tool to notch the screws and was able to get them out. I had to go to the hardware store and find replacement screws and spacers that would replace the ones I stripped. It wasnt easy but I was able to get them out.