300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

2003 300M flickering headlights, dash lights and radio cutting out.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Default 2003 300M flickering headlights, dash lights and radio cutting out.

I have a 2003 Chrysler 300M with dash and exterior flickering lights. The radio cuts out, so does the climate control fan. The Trac On, Trac Off, and battery warning lights illuminate. I have already done the service bulletin fix and reflashed the computer. Could this possibly have a similar fix as the Pacifica wiring issues I have read about as well? The car never dies or looses power, so I am inclined to think that it may not be computer related, but I am not certian. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 PM

How old is the battery? Terminal connections clean and tight ? Jump post terminals clean and tight? These are the most common causes of electrical issues with 300M's
If all the above are good, could be Ignition switch, try to cycle the key or wiggle it when the issue happens...

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM

Replaced the battery about 6 months ago, cleaned the terminals, put grease on them. yesterday, Trac control off flickering along with dash lights, fan speed noticably different with the flickering, battery light will eventually turn on and stay on. Then today turned off the car, pulled the key and not power at all. Put the key back in to start, oil light comes on dimly and no power at all. Cycle the key through all positions, take out. I do this several times before it returns to normal. Also ahve the compact disc player lights flashing, but no movement before getting power back and starting the car.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM

It is now also starting rough, losing power on idle. No codes.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:04 AM

Update: The Dealership is replacing the alternator as they beleive the diodes are going bad. Hopefully this remedies the problem.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by mr_twe
Update: The Dealership is replacing the alternator as they beleive the diodes are going bad. Hopefully this remedies the problem.
Diodes are either good or failed, "beleiving" or the dealer is guessing with your money could be a bad thing. There are real tests to check these things out....
Hope they guess right...

Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 AM

Sorry for the misspelling in the previous post. The dealership replaced the alternator. Was already flickering when I picked it back up on Friday after turning the headlight switch on. Didn't drive it at all on Saturday. Got a light show yesterday early evening warning lights, gauges, interior reading lights. When I turned the headlight switch off and back on, would lose the readings on speedo and tach, engine felt like it lost some power too. Going home last night turning on the car, turned on the light switch and no headlights. Brights and fog lights, but no headlights and with intense flickering the fan for the heat would cut out. Probably blew a fuse on the headlights, too cold right now to check. Got another light show coming home with everything strobing/flickering again. Drove it to work this morning, no lights on and had no issues.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM

Mine...2002 300M. Same problems. At one point it blew out the headlamps. Found the fix. Replaced the negative battery cable. Tech said this is a common problem with this platform. No problems since.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by mapdude
Mine...2002 300M. Same problems. At one point it blew out the headlamps. Found the fix. Replaced the negative battery cable. Tech said this is a common problem with this platform. No problems since.

Did you have a dealership do it, or another shop? Any way to communicate this with a service tech with hard proof, a link, a page, something? Thanks.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 AM

To anyone who finds this thread and has the same problems, I have uploaded videos to my YouTube channel user/EHCCYAM2011. Check them out to see of these are the same problems na dgive any suggestions for a solution.

Quick Reply: 2003 300M flickering headlights, dash lights and radio cutting out.