300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

94 Concorde 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Default 94 Concorde 3.5

55,000 on the odometer and I suppose because it's been sitting garaged for so long it's developed a few issues. Can't seem to get all of them worked out so we'll see what some of you think.

1- Have trouble getting it to start after it's been sitting for more then 5 minutes. I know it's a fuel issue but can't seem to pinpoint where (hoping to hear some common areas to look). Dealership said the fuel rail was leaking so stupid me told them to replace it for $900. Stupid on my part being that I could have done it myself just didn't have the time at the moment. Got it home and same issues. So I replaced the sensor on top of the intake (can't think of name right off - brain fart), fuel pump and properly gapped the spark plugs (dealership had them set for the 3.3). I thought all this corrected it but appears not. Now I'm stumped. It doesn't seem to effect the performance of the car and fuel economy isn't an issue as it's getting 28-31 on the interstate.

2- Get the "TRAC OFF", "TRACTION", "ABS" lights coming on randomly. They all come on at the same time and go out the same. I replaced the speed sensors in the front, new wheel bearing/hub assembly in the rear and this seems to reduce the frequency of the occurance but hasn't cured it. The ABS module clicks loud enough for me to hear it in the cab when the lights go out. Don't know if that's normal so I'm wondering if it's going bad. Any ideas?

3- Lastly the AC has started acting up. A few weeks ago it was cold as ice, now it's blowing hot. Recharged with 2 cans and nothing. It's got the Automatic Climate Control so I'm going to do the code search on it but looking for pointers in the mean time.

Thanks for any help any of you can throw at me.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:05 AM

Wow, where did you find one with 55K on it? I have 260K on mine...

Have you done a basic tune up on it with new plugs and ignition wires?

If the battery has low voltage or a bad connection at the battery terminals or elsewhere, you can get intermittent problems with the TRAC and ABS.

On my 94 LHS, I had a similar problem with the A/C a few years ago. It was the 'clutch cycling switch' located in the refrigerant line at the bottom of the condenser at the front of the car. The part was around $90 at the time, and was easy to install myself--you do not have to discharge the A/C system to replace it--the sensor threads into a Schrader fitting.

Hope some of this helps.