300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

97 LHS Best Car I've Owned "BUT" 3?'s

Old 12-16-2014, 01:39 AM
Default 97 LHS Best Car I've Owned "BUT" 3?'s

I have 3 questions and I really hope someone can help before I start spending big $$$. I've searched through 60 pages on this forum and still confused.

1. Between 45-50 mph I get this vibration, when I let off the gas and coast no more vibration. Step on the gas the stronger the vibration above 50mph. Trans shifts smoothly through all 4 gears and fluid is pinkish color doesn't smell burnt. Could this be a bad motor or tranny mount?

2.My brake pedal is soft, Fluid is full and pads are in great shape, but soft pedal, doesn't go to the floor but close.

3. After having the timing belt h2o pump and some cam seals crank seals timing cover seals tensioners replaced @ a cost of $1252.92 @ dealership now the car kind of chugs when at stop light just slightly when you take your foot off the brake a bit really irritating,
No codes or check engine lights. Car has 121k+ miles 2nd owner.

I'm not getting rid of the car anytime soon, Just want some advice before I drop another load of cash, It's such a cool car tho. Although my wife's 2014 dodge mini van will blow the doors off my lhs. Darn 6 speed trannys.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:46 PM

Well since I didn't get a response,understandable people are busy.

So after a inspection by a national shop told me it was the steering rack that was causing the vibration,replacement cost $750 + labor+tax, I almost said fix it but I decided to get a 2nd opinion. Well the 2nd opinion says it is the motor and trans mounts that are worn. $325 parts tax labor included! Also that must have fixed the chugging at stop lights? Well no more chugging either.
I went that direction and he was right! Car runs/drives excellent.
Was told brake rotors are thin that's why pedal is soft. Only $125 + parts, so that's next.