300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

BCM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Default BCM?

Car is a 1999 Chrysler LHS

I have erratic interior dome(driving and parked/off) and headlights(while parked/off). They will go on and off occasionally . Also on rare occasion my gauges go out, along with the AC/Heat console. I have heard that these might be symptoms of a bad BCM, but how do I test it? I was also thinking about getting one off of Ebay, but I have a question. Is the 99 300m BCM the same as a 99 LHS? Fill me in on any info that I might need to know.

Thanks

Old 01-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Default RE: BCM?

Bump...I really need some help. If you have any clue as to any of my questions, please let me know.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:05 PM

Well for testing I would start by checking for codes and seeing if you have any. These should point you in the right direction.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM

the BCM's are NOT the same...any BCM would require programming that has to be done by a dealer so purchasing a used one is a BAD idea!!

Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM

If I am going to check codes I will have to go to a mechanic since I don't have a reader. So I am trying to avoid this to save money. I realize I might have to break down and just do it.

Are you sure this model requires dealer programming? Can anybody else confirm this.

Also scratch the interior lights off the problem list, it is a separate issue.

I also have another clue to the problem:

I came out to the car Saturday morning(after driving Friday night), and the battery was dead (surprise, surprise). The lights were not going on and off (probably because the battery was so low) but there was a clicking sound coming from my fuse box. Come to find out it was the Parking lights and the lo headlights fuse/relay/black plug module (not really sure what it's called). Anyways the lights are set to off(not automatic), but is there something that could be activating these two, even though the switch is off?

Thanks for all the help

Let me know if this new clue hints at anything.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

used bcm will have the miles and features out of what ever car it comes from and will not match up to yours so if u dont have an alarm and u get one that did well now u get to get a new bcm and pcm if it does have an alarm and u get to make sure that all of the arming featuers are the same. need to have one programed from the dealer when u order it at the dealer we dont program them we get them programed by the vender and shipped to us.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

used bcm will have the miles and features out of what ever car it comes from and will not match up to yours so if u dont have an alarm and u get one that did well now u get to get a new bcm and pcm if it does have an alarm and u get to make sure that all of the arming featuers are the same. need to have one programed from the dealer when u order it at the dealer we dont program them we get them programed by the vender and shipped to us.
Ok, well that makes more sense.

So Chysler Tech, does it sound like the BCM is the problem, or is it something else? What are the possibilities of what it could be, and which are more probable?

Old 01-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

when u say guages dont work is that the light part or nothing works on the cluster?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM

Honestly I don't quite remember how the guages were (I do remember the airbag warning light being on). The AC / Heat console looked like it was off and would not come on. However, these occur much less frequent than the headlights. It has happened 2 or 3 times. Where as the headlights are about every night I leave the fuse in. (I have started taking it out so they don't run down my battery)

Thanks so much for the help,

Old 01-28-2009, 02:44 PM

any ideas? I am at a loss as to what is causing this.

Quick Reply: BCM?