300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Chrysler Concorde A/C and Heater Control Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:23 PM
Default Chrysler Concorde A/C and Heater Control Problem

I’m having a frustrating issue with my 1999 Chrysler Concorde in regard to the A/C and Heater Control switch (the car has the automatic A/C control option).

Initially the display lights would disappear and then come on intermittently. I opened the panel and “jiggled the connector” which seemed to help for a while, then the lights went out for good. From other posts I was pretty sure that the best solution would be to order a new unit and just swap them out. I bought one from a junkyard and still had the same problem. I then bought a new Dorman unit from Rock Auto, but again it was still not working.

I didn’t think that all three units would all be bad, so I next suspected the connection. I bought a new connector/harness kit from Chrysler and rewired it to match the factory connector. Again, still no lights.

The only additional information that I’m now noticing (and it might have been like this before, but I didn’t notice) is that of the six control buttons two of them don’t have their LED's lighting up. They are the 3rd and 4th buttons respectively (one controls the A/C & recirculation and the other controls the vents for either upper or lower air-flow).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mitchell…