300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Chrysler LHS

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Default Chrysler LHS

Thread for LHS owners and enthusiastes.

I wanted to ask the owners which year they have and what their impressions are of the LHS. I am the first owner of a 1999 Chrysler LHS and I am very satisfied of how the car performs and the build of it.

What do others think of the LHS?

Old 04-29-2009, 12:01 AM

Carbon,

The LHS was designed as Chrysler's largest and most luxurious car following the discontinuation of the Imperial, and was viewed as its "flagship" model. A redesign of the LHS in 1999 made the interior feel "smaller" and less "plush" (the dimensions were actually the same) as a result, it lost some of it "flair". In 2002, Chrysler quietly dropped the LHS and made the second generation LHS into the Concorde, replacing the name and keeping many of the LHS characteristics. The LHS was a very luxurious model-the Concorde took on the LHS platform.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:32 AM

From all I've been able to read on line, looks to be a great car and one that can go for many many miles with proper maintenance. The only "problems" i have been able to find about the car is the upper intake manifold, being plastic, is prone to leaking. Very easy to replace the upper manifold gasket, so I'll just include it in the maintenance regimen. I have a 2000 LHS with 243000 miles and the engine still ran great but with bearing noise/valve noise. Upon dissassembly noticed the upper intake gasket was 100 percent shot, and it was driven for a good while like that. The lower intake gasket seemed to be in much better shape overall, with one area that may have been leaking antifreeze into the oil, hence bad bearings. I look forward to having this car for some time.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:01 PM

just to follow up, speaking only on experience from 2 higher mileage 3.5 vin G engines, the pcv valve was completely plugged on both, the upper intake manifold was just about mashed worthless on the original 249000 engine, so my recommendations would be to get a big jump on the recommended maintenance intervals on these two items. I don't believe the upper intake gasket is even listed on the maintenance schedule. Definitely add it. It's easy to do and doesn't cost all that much. Hard to tell when they start givin up, but as easy and cheap (doin the work yourself..the gasket is 10-20 bucks) as it is, might as well do the preventative maintenance. But they recommend a timing belt replacement at 105000 or thereabouts, I'd do the upper and lower intake gaskets at that time as well. In my very limited experience with these engines, it seems they go forever unless these items are ignored.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:12 PM

I have a '99 with 84k and I love it. I have a problem with people who have worked on my ca.r. Water pump leaking so I replaced timing belt also. Blew tank off of the radiator while parked in radiator repair shop parking lot. Both repairs "required" the loosening of several components on front of car. Hence headlights are way out of adjustment even tho level on HL indicate the are at lowest setting. HL are way high and can't be lowered. TIP: make certain that ur mechanic is aware of how to correctly R&R front end items after repairs to radiator. water pump and belt

Old 01-20-2014, 11:42 AM

I bought my 99 LHS used about 5 years ago with 74K miles on it and have put close to 100K more. I have had very limited problems with the vehicle, and have drove it back and forth from the Midwest to the east coast numerous time with no problems. The biggest project was actually reaching the blend door to fix my heating problem. They really stuck it deep in the dash. Besides regular maintenance it has run like a gem for me!