300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Electrical Problem? 1995 New Yorker

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 04:48 AM
Default Electrical Problem? 1995 New Yorker

Hi

I got another question about my ’95 Chrysler New Yorker. Lately the car seems o give some problems. But I guess they are not major but they unfortunately do exist.

1. When driving the car it seems like at times the engine is hesitant, it feels like something is stopping and then running again – when this occurs power is also not really there, but returns after a short time again. I mean the engine does not run round and smooth. The plugs and wires are fine, this has been checked. When I turn the engine off and restart it seems like the motor runs smooth now without any problems. Some years ago I had a problem when driving all in a sudden nothing electrical would work anymore and the dash board looked like a xmas tree – all lights came on. When I restarted the car it all worked fine again.

2. The a/c also works on and off. Sometimes it comes on quickly at other occasions it takes forever or restarting the motor does the trick. Yesterday I noticed after the washing the car the outside temperature was displayed at about 69 degrees after washing; while the inside was set to 73 degrees. The actual outside temperature was at about 85 degrees. The entire system was confused until the outside temperature was correctly displayed again at 85 degrees after about 5 minutes. I am wondering if cleaning the thermostat for the outside temperature would help that the system runs normally. Can somebody advice where to find the thermostat?

Any advices on these two problems are really appreciated and I already thank in advance.

Kind Regards

Alguien