300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Default electrical problems

2 problems i'm having with my 2000 chrysler concorde lxi.One,my passenger door lets out a loud buzz when my doors lock.Two,my cigarrette lighter just stopped working and advanced auto claims I'm going to have to go to a dealership or something to get it fixed.Is this true? Believe it or not,I'd rather have the cigarrette/av power port fixed more than the door.Not because I'm a cigarrette smoker and a addict (I've never smoked before).I really need it because I have a newborn (my first child) and I need the power to use her portable bottle warmer.Anyone who has a baby may know what a lifesaver those things can be. Furthermore,I am new to the Maryland/DC area and I often times have no clue where I am or where I'm headed.I really need the power to charge my gps.I thought it may be a just fuse or something.not really sure.Not the most car savvy guy.Please help!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

door lock actuator for the buzzing and check all your fuses first

Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 PM

My drivers door does the buzzing thing and won't lock from the remote. I have to push the button down when I get out. Must take the door panel off someday and fix it

Agree on the fuses. Also check that nothing has fallen into the cig. lighter "hole" and causing the fuse to blow.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Default re:

i was having a rattling problem with my car when i stopped @ lights.come to find out it was misfiring because i needed new spark plugs.meanwhile i was told the door would cost @ least $200 to get fixed and that's from a guy who is extremely reasonable so i say...buzz away.f it...its the passenger door anyway.i'll let my passengers deal with it.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

if u let it go much longer it will stop working then u have a 50 50 chance that it will stop working in the unlock part so U wont be able to lock the door or it will be locked and then it would be a pain in the *** to get fixed trying to open the door to take the door panel off to get to it.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 AM

I wonder if it would be too difficult to use the manual button to lock and unlock the door. I know it might take a lot of effort to reach all the way across the car to do so.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:37 PM

love this guy, says what everyone else is probably thinking. Say on brother, say on!!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Default re:

ok smartass but if i CAN get it fixed,why not do so.I have a newborn so yea,I would like a little convenience when I'm tryna hold her and her car seat,keep her face covered,get her stroller out the trunk and keep her from crying.No sense having an LXI if the features dont work.And i clearly said its not that big of a deal,I'll get it fixed when I can.I just want to eventually get it fixed because I plan on selling my chrysler.Not as big a fan as everyone else is here.I've only had mine for 8 months w/ one previous owner and I've already put almost 3k into it.I just wanna get it fixed because I'm sure that loud *** buzz is gonna hurt its resale value.As for DaveC8656,grow a set you little parasite.I didnt kno this was Bank of America...nobody needs you to co-sign.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:05 AM

better to be a smartass then a dumbass because at least a smartass knows something and can fix things without all the pissing and moaning with the poor my syndrome. I love how you contradict yourself (I want it fixed but I'm not going to get it fixed for a while).... Golly that's just great. You said passenger door I sure hope you mean the rear door and that's where you place the child. If you are putting the kid in the front you'd be an absolute _ _ _ _ _.

And of course YOU CAN GET IT FIXED... too bad you didn't do that before you reproduced. ... FYI, You started the name calling!!! I love these cars!!! and I'm someone so when you say everyone else, that is a false statement.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:48 PM

My driver rear door did this for a while its caused by moisture getting into the door lock motor (or worse the gear assembly, stupidly complex, has broken/worn down), often it will still work either locking or unlocking. Your going to have to take the door apart to fix it, I'd rather just hit my hand with a hammer 10 times and take the bruises... If you decide you want it working again my advice would be spend about 100 (was a year ago I checked before taking mine apart and oiling it, oh and tell them what your doing they should point you too some little plastic clips you WILL break a couple getting the door off, spares are always nice) bucks at your local parts place and get the whole assembly. The less time you spend with a door off the happier you'll be. In some of the assemblies you can see into the rear of the motor just enough to get a the plastic pipe from a wd/40 can into the motor. If you get the door of and see a little plastic pin in 2 pieces one at the motor end the other at the lock... Your off shopping for a part.

Quick Reply: electrical problems