300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Help! My Concorde is driving me nuts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

U have warped heads when it heats up the head gasket can not hold back the pressure and hot gases escape into the coolant Head job time.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:41 AM

Hi every1,

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your help on this overheating issue. I found out that it was a cracked head. Traded her in on a '03 300M with 94k & I am loving my new ride! Truth be told, Chrysler makes some nice vehicles but they cut a lot of corners putting cheap a** parts on their cars. I've only had the 300M for 2 weeks & so far, so good. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though. I've been told to expect issues with common problems such as the suspension system, windows not working & air leaking from tires due to the factory rims. Sadly, I have experienced all of the above with the Concorde.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 PM

if people care more about their vehicles.. they will buy a car with the looks they want on the outside.

if the inside doesnt look good, not many people will install a custom interior.

and i'm not talking about changing the cloth on the seats.
i mean, taking the dashboard out and MOLDING a new one from fiberglass.
if the engine and transmission is good and the outside of the car looks nice.. why not install a custom dashboard?
you can change the look and feel of the car inside.. you can change the shape of the heater/air conditioner vents.. you can add guages to replace 'dummy lights'

maybe... just maybe... you could save some space and make the dashboard smaller in some areas.

i have seen a whole bunch of new cars being released that look really good on the outside, but they are disgusting on the inside.

you dont have to make the new dashboard look childish by painting it neon yellow or blue.
a simple black or cream would work just fine. (or use fabric)

maybe out of the question for some.. but i wouldnt let an ugly interior stop me when i know i can remove the dashboard and make my own.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:01 AM

maybe cooling fans

Old 07-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Its a stupid question I know but are you sure it's actually overheating? Could be a sensor issue

Old 07-10-2014, 04:55 PM

I have a '97 Concorde that overheats (temp gauge @ max, overheating light on, overflowing from reservoir). Starts mostly in traffic, high ambient temp & humid. *Sometimes* high speed (passenger side) fan not on, some times it is. I'm getting the feeling that what happens is an air (vacuum?) pocket forms in the thermostat housing and then the temp sensor is no longer in contact with the fluid. Fluid conducts heat more efficiently than air or vacuum.
Replaced water pump, thermostat, fans work from bypass, swapped relays, same results.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:16 PM

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this as I didn't read every word of every post. Its very common ( I've seen it many times ) for people to put the thermostat in backwards on LHs. I read that its been changed 3x but by who and was it done correctly the first time. I've had friends have to replace engines because a dealership put the thermostat in backwards.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:41 PM

Update:
My wife was in the driveway on the phone & it overheated. Idiot Light, gauge @ H, etc.
Driver side fan running, passenger side fan off. Pulled relays & checked, Voltages OK.
Jumped relay fan terminals (the ckts, not the relay itself) w/ paper clip, no change. Got test staff (old, bare broom stick handle). Inserted test staff between radiator & fan connector, pushing connector toward engine: no change. Inserted test staff between fan connector & engine, pushing connector toward engine using A/C clutch for leverage (yes it acts like a chipper/shredder; Do NOT use a new broom or metal broom handle): Fan came on!!!! Temp went down!!!

Instructed wife on proper use of test staff to remedy overheating.
Placed test staff in trunk.

Test Staffs may be purchased by contacting me via this forum. ;-)

Remember from last post fan worked when 12V applied to connector. Now is it the fan side of the connector or the engine side.
Stay tuned.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Default Electronic EGR Transducer

I have an Lxi 1996 Chrysler Concorde 3.5 L engine. If I install a vacuum gauge into the Electronic EGR Transducer (EET) vacuum line, and start the engine, what should be the proper amount of vacuum pressure that the EET should be receiving?