300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Oil mess mystery!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Default Oil mess mystery!

Hello!

I have a 2000 Concorde with about 75K miles. Every since I bought new, there has been a messy oil condition in the left hand side (drivers) engine bay. It is a splatter effect in the mid/upper/center area of that side of engine. When going up hills, under load, hard acceleration, it will begin to smoke. Oil will coat the upper wiring harness/clip, drip on header and smoke and coat sides of fuse box, coolant resevior, drip down on frame, etc. I can't for the life of me figure out where it is squirting from to coat those areas. The areas that get coated are way up on that side and there is no oil cooling lines around there, no valve cover leak, no pressure sending unit, etc. I can also add a picture (new to this) showing the areas that are getting slimed if that would help. No idea where the source of this "oil bomb" is coming from and thought somebody out there may have already solved this mystery. I have ruled out power steering leaks and brake fluid. Pretty darn sure it's the motor oil based on color, smell, etc.

Any ideas???

Thanks!
Doug