300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Please Help! 94 LHS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Default Please Help! 94 LHS

Hi everybody, I have a 94 Chrysler LHS, and I'm having transmission problems.

Ther other day I was going around a traffic circle, and stepped on the gas just like I normally would. But when I did, the rpms went way up, the engine roared, and it made a 'wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing' sound and then went 'ka-kunk'. Naturally I pulled over, and thurned the car off, and back on again. But it wouldn't shift out of fist gear. And it hasn't since then. It stays only in 1st gear. My top speed is about 25 miles per hour. I am really hoping it's not the whole transmission, because it was replaced in 96'. So if ANYBODY has ANY ADVICE please, please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

Old 06-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Please Help! 94 LHS

check engine light on?? if so whats the codes

Old 07-01-2007, 03:43 PM

No. And I don't know what codes... I don't have any of that machinery stuff...

Old 07-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

get it checked out by a tranny shop

Old 07-02-2007, 10:27 AM

Well no duh! I can't afford that! Why do you think that I posted the question on here!?

Old 07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

how do u expect some one to know what the inside or a tranny is doing just by a post??
DO u ask a DR whats wrong over the phone?? u go in and see them. IF u had a skin rash then yeah apply stuff if u have a belt nose or tranny leak yeah fix the leak and replace the belts.
U asked advise I gave it if there is some one out there with a magic 8 ball be my guest.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 PM

The advice you gave I could have easily have gotten from my dog. I'm trying to find a cheap fix. Because I don't have money to take it to a shop. Do you really think that if I had all that money, that'd I'd ask that question on here? No!!!! I'd get it fixed! NOT put a post on a website so people like you could tell me the obvious!

Old 07-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

some times people need the obvious told to them. why dont u take a guess at whats wrong I dont think u are getting the point here no one can tell u whats wrong with your tranny with out looking at it. Unless u can tell me pressure readings on the input and output ports and give me turbine speed and CVIs its all guess work. Thats why I asked if u had a Check engine light and what the codes were. Other then that your guess is as good as mine. Plus there is no cheap tranny repair when it comes to wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing' sound and then went 'ka-kunk Burnt up clutches, Bad pump, Sol pack inside tranny U get my point now?

Old 07-03-2007, 09:05 PM

No. I just want some suggestions. Like, "It could be..." If you know so much about Chryslers, surely you've seen this before

Old 07-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

I just did Pump,Clutches,Seals,Sol pack,Inernal Plantery gear set

Quick Reply: Please Help! 94 LHS