Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

How to edit or delete an HDD Album

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Question How to edit or delete an HDD Album

I'm having trouble with homemade mix CDs (with no info on the tracks) that I try to download to the HDD.

They all seem to go in to the same "Unknown" album and I can't even figure out how to delete the whole thing and start over.

I had an opportunity to name the album but couldn't at the time and now I can't get back to it.

I also saw an "edit" button at one point (for track names, I think, not album name) but haven't been able to find it again.

A complete manual or video would be great but haven't been able to find that with some Googling this morning.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 AM

Not sure if you figured this out yet or not, but here is the online manual for the MyGIG radio. https://www.dodge.com/download/pdf/m...08_ent_sys.pdf

I can tell you now, editing the track names on the unit is not available. You have to edit the information via computer BEFORE you input them in to the HDD. This is done by right clicking and then selecting "Properties". Click "Details" and you can then edit the title, artist, album, track and several other details. Remember, simply renaming the file without going through properties will not correct the track info.

I'm not sure if you can delete the whole "unknown" folder at once. It may be a default folder for tracks that lack information. Therefore you may have to delete each song one at a time.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:04 AM
Default Thanks, I'm making progress

Thanks so much for the manual.

I actually just this morning figured out that I can move songs out of the "Unknown" album to their own albums (either one that exists already or I can create a new one on the fly) when I am in edit mode, which only comes up while the song is playing, I think. I just have to edit the album field.

This is really just so different from Windows, I think that's my problem. And it's time consuming, even once I got my brain wrapped around the different way of doing things. I guess it's a job for some time when I am trapped in my car waiting for someone - ha!

But the best tip is to fix the song/album info BEFORE I download it. Even a commercially sold kids' song album I tried to download today - had no good info on it.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:32 PM

Yes, it is time consuming. I actually loaded my collection of 900+ songs by USB (which is the best way to load them). Coming from the days of using a 12-disc CD player to listen to my music, I have come accustomed to listening to it in order on the CD. So basically by Artist/Album/Track order. I was nun to happy to discover that these units we have play the tracks in alphabetical order by the track titles (regardless of the artist or album). Had my music all out of order. I had to manually go in and edit all 900+ songs I had to get the titles aligned how I want them to play. LOL

Glad you figured out how to move them and to create their own album though.