Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in and read the latest from Chrysler.

How would you describe the chrysler brand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Default How would you describe the chrysler brand?

Hi Chrysler owners and enthusiasts,

For a course at University (Strategic Automotive at Delft Technical University - The Netherlands) we were asked to some research on the Chrysler brand image.

Especially considering these tough times we are curious about what your perception of the Chrysler brand is.
We won't bother you with tedious research-methods; we would just like some of your thoughts on what Chrysler means to you? What do the cars express? What do you like about it? What do you dislike? What sort of cars would you like Chrysler to do in the future?

Please note that this is not official marketing research. Your information will only be used anonymously in the context of our course.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Peter, Dirk and Anne

Old 10-12-2009, 07:48 PM

Chrysler used to be something different than it is today. Frankly, Chrysler never had a great reputation for assembly-line quality, but had styling that was ahead of its time and performance that was outstanding. Back in the 1960's, Plymouth and Dodge hemi's could blow the doors off anything. When Lee Iaccoca came over from Ford in the 80's, styling began to look like copies of Ford stuff. (I thought the Chrysler Fifth Avenue of that vintage was a total rip-off of the Lincoln Town Car, and purposefully so.) The K-cars of that era were a desperate response to steeply rising gas prices that fortunately paid off and saved the company.
In the 90's, the LHS and Concorde were way ahead of the competition in styling and engineering with overhead cams, electronic ignition, four wheel discs, independent suspension, etc., etc.
The minivans were boring but hugely practical and great money makers for the company.
Unfortunately, Chrysler has gone from "Hey, look at this" engineering and styling to "Me too", with the same mediocre line quality. Now with the government and UAW calling the shots, I don't expect to see any near-term improvement. If the company manages to survive (doubtful) I expect only more of the same. Maybe someday the government will get tired of propping up a zombie and will kick them out. Maybe then somebody like Roger Penske will step in, buy up the remnants of the company for a song and start over.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Chrysler is my dream car.Its having good name in the market.It is famous for its stylish look and brilliant performance.So when you are going to have Chrysler car for yourself.