Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in and read the latest from Chrysler.

LAMBORGHINI BY CHRYSLER

Old 11-02-2006, 06:46 AM
Default LAMBORGHINI BY CHRYSLER

Hi all,

I am David, from Spain. I am very interested in researching a mysterious topic around Chrysler, which was its involvement in the Lamborghini company, when, nearly two decades ago, took control of the Italian firm and managed it for the next few years.

Chrysler's design studio made for sure various proposals for the then planned Lamborghini Diablo, alongside proposals for the smaller Lambo, the P140, and some other projects.

Does anybody out there know anything about these design proposals? Does anybody know how could I contact Tom Gale, how could I contact someone at Auburn Hills design studio instead?

Many thanks for your help

d.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Default RE: LAMBORGHINI BY CHRYSLER

Very odd, I found very little information about this from Allpar.com, which has probably the most complete Mopar history on the web. I do recall that Lamborghini did work over the V10 Ram truck engine for the first gen Viper, and did find pictures on the web of the Porofino show car which was symbolic of the merger. They had a combonation Chrysler/Lambo emblem on the front. Other then that there does not seem to be a lot out there othere then new articles about the origional merger in 87 and the sale around 94 or so.