Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in and read the latest from Chrysler.

Rod Benders Car Of The Month

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator
Default Rod Benders Car Of The Month

The irony of "Rod bender" and "Bonners Ferry Idaho." I don't think I'll ever visit that place

http://www.kvpress.com/rodbenders/cm0503.htm

By Bud Larsen

Club Historian

Does your car glow in the dark? … This one does!

We are launching this new series to let Boundary County know the Rod Benders are a serious but fun bunch of automobiles aficionados who come in all shapes and models.

First up for this series is a car that is often spotted zooming all over our county as Ernie of Ernie’s Appliance Repair makes his rounds.

This month’s feature is an ’01 Chrysler PT Cruiser … the pride and joy of Ernie & Becky Smith. Stock? No, far from it, as Ernie and Becky have put a lot of bells and whistles on this street queen.

Let’s start from the ground and work up: Custom 18” Chrome Foose Rims with Scorcher Tires - Lowered 2” Rear and 1 ½ “ Front - Sway Bars Front and Rear (gage unknown) - Painted Brake Calipers - Custom PT Mud/Rock Flaps - Custom two-tone paint job by Riverside Auto Center - Custom OT Tail Light Covers - Chrome Belt Line Kit/wheel well kit/grill kit/door handle guard kit/headlight trim/bumper guards front & rear/ and chromed windshield washer point to round out the chrome stuff - Rear spoiler.

Okay, let’s get under and in their cruiser and list the performance mods: Custom Exhaust - Custom Cold Air Intake System - Modified Computer & Sensor System - Modified Trans Program.

Ernie reports his “work in progress” upgrades encompass LED lighting inside and out, strobes, chrome window pillars and … here is some serious stuff – a moderate five-pound Boost Device. (Ernie and I own “light” rides and often are the brunt of comments from our “heavy iron” fellow club members. I think my man Ernie is up to something with this nitro business.)

Down the road mods: Drilled slotted brake rotors and extreme ghost flames.

I think we’re going to be needing sun glasses at midnight when Ernie and Becky are in town.

Next month; a cherry Ford from the ‘40s.
-Matt-