Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

01 Chrysler Sebring Convertible limited edition 2 door

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Question 01 Chrysler Sebring Convertible limited edition 2 door

I have a 01 Chrysler Sebring convertible limited edition 2 door that i am financeing through a car lot. I recently got a full tune up on it and a oil change. I know for sure that the serpintine belt needs to be replaced. I am having some problems with this car! The water resoviore is always needing to be filled up again.I know that it has to have a leak somewhere because it almost like the water is evaporating! lol My temp gauge dosent show that it is overheating but i know that it is because the water is bubbleing and steaming but it dosent show that it is overheating. I just replaced the thermostate housing unit as well. Somebody told me that it looks like there might be a hose missing to wear you put the water in. Today i was driving it and the temp gauge went to hot and back to cool. Then when i started it, it made a cranky sound so i havent driven it since. It seems like ever since i took it to Midas to get a tune-up i have been having more problems with it. If anybody knows what could be wrong with my car please reply. I dont have money to take it to a machanic and have more problems with my car. Single parent needing reliable transportation. Thanks

hip4u2004

Old 04-27-2010, 03:05 AM

I also am having problems with the ac unit. It runs fine everytime i take it to get checked out lol. Then on the way home it stops blowing out. When the air blows out it is cool. I was told it could be a vent flap or door for the vent, i dont know if anybody knows anything about this please reply. Thanks

Hip4u2004

Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 AM

You obviously don't want to spend any money on this car to fix it properly. Spend some time browsing this forum (Sebring). Most of the problems you mention have been discussed at length here previously. After you have read up on the problems and their solutions, decide whether you want to fix the car, have it fixed, or move on to something else more appropriate to your situation.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:44 AM

I didnt post this to get a rude remark back to me ok. I am a single parent trying to survive on little to nothing but i am doing it. Fulltime college student and have 2 kids. I didnt mean that i dont want to spend any money on fixing my car i just meant that i dont want to spend more money to get something done to it and find out it wasnt done at all. I know you read alot of post but have some consideration for the people that post there ads please. Unless you are paid to reply to this add then its your choice on if you reply at all right? I just wanted to see if somebody else has experienced the same kind of issues with there car, thats all.....

Old 05-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

no one gets paid in this site but the guys that owns it and several other sites like it everyone that answers on here will be self experience or a tech like myself.
If u call what Dcotter said offensive then u will have some fun on here then.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:07 AM

I finally had to spend some money to fix my car lol. Last week my car completely broke down. I had AAA take the car to the shop. I had the serpintine belt replaced and they did i diagnostic on the overheating problem. They said that there was something stopping the water from flowing through. After a few days they found the problem. It was a piece of plastic that was blocking the hose so water couldnt flow through. Thankfully it wasnt something more expensive. Now i still hear a sqealing noise when i press the excelerator so im taking it to the shop on monday and the machanic is going to put the other serpitine belt on it. He already put the power steering belt on and now to be safe i'm going to replace the other belt. I just thought i would let you know what was going on with my 01 Chrysler Sebring Limited.