Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

02 sebring misfre??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Default 02 sebring misfre??

instead of writing the whole situation i made a video.see what you guys think it could be.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:09 PM

Any codes? There's probably one for the misfire, which should at least tell you which cylinder is misfiring. If you're sure the spark to that cylinder is good, then maybe it's related to the fuel injector. Check wiring and function of that injector or consider replacing it. If you are going to replace one, you might consider replacing them all. At least consider cleaning them. There are videos out there showing how to test and clean injectors.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:39 PM

only code its showing is the battery disconnect code from a reset done day before yesterday after the map sensor replacement..did code check tonight by means of the 3 key clicks route only a p1684 but none pointing at the misfire..going tomorrow to pepboys let them hook a reader to see if anything shows.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:42 PM

Think i might have found the problem..when it was misfiring i begin to notice a sound of air being released around the intake manifold.so i pulled the upper intake manifold and had the wife rotate the engine for me and on the #2 cyl there is a pretty by air blow by comming out its intake. all other cyls are fine . thinking that the shop didnt get the valves seated correctly or sticky valves which may explain the rotation of the rough and smooth idles.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:46 PM

bad blow by..sorry for the typo

Old 03-23-2014, 09:19 AM

How do you get air blowing out of the intake manifold? That's supposed to be a vacuum in there. If the intake valve is that poorly seated you would thing you'd be getting a nasty backfire. Anyway, you didn't mention that there was a shop involved. By all means, take it back.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 PM

the shop is a machine shop that checked the head surface and supposed to have checked the valves is what i was referring to..

Old 03-23-2014, 07:51 PM

Well, it's pretty easy to see if a valve is seated properly with the head off. If it was that bad you would have seen it yourself. Like I said, there's supposed to be a vacuum in the intake manifold, and the air that is in there is a very combustible misture, so if an intake valve is open to the cylinder when the spark fires, the whole intake manifold is going to be open to the spark and you're going to get either a bad backfire or you will blow the whole top of the engine off.
A straightforward compression check could rule out a valve problem.