Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

02 Sebring window issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Default 02 Sebring window issues

I have (well my son does) a 2002 sebring and pretty sure this is a common problem with 3 windows working fine and one not working; in this case the passenger side...

The master switch doesn't roll it down and neither does the passenger side.....We've checked fuses...nothing... replaced the motor and it would only go up and down; it was a beast to get the getting the window to line up on the regulator with the window in the up position......

How can I hot wire the motor to get the window to go up and down, I know that it can be done, just not sure how?

How can I narrow down the shortage issue in the harness? I have a tester that you use to pinch the wires and it lights up; the only wire that lit up was the "tan" one...

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Old 06-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Default sebring windows

Had the same issue and found that there is a red and white wire coming from the master switch on the driver's door to the body that had broken. It was in the wiring that is in the hinge area so it was susceptible to breaking. Was a long, drawn out job to find the issue until I bought the factory service manual and saw that wire. Sure enough, fixed the passenger window right away.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by lildoggy
Had the same issue and found that there is a red and white wire coming from the master switch on the driver's door to the body that had broken. It was in the wiring that is in the hinge area so it was susceptible to breaking. Was a long, drawn out job to find the issue until I bought the factory service manual and saw that wire. Sure enough, fixed the passenger window right away.
Thanks for your help and now that you mentioned it, I don't recall seeing a red wire in the master switch, i saw purple, tan, brown and another color but the red would've stuck out for me... I will take a look tomorrow or sunday and post back...