Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

04 Sebring Touring - Trip Computer

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Default 04 Sebring Touring - Trip Computer

Hello, I have a couple of questions. I bought this car and it didnt come with a trip computer. First question is, is everything there and can I just add one?

Second question is, I cannot seem to locate one. I looked on EBay and a lot of people are selling the dash bezel but not including the trip computer. Where can I find one?

Old 02-24-2011, 06:49 PM

More hassle than it is worth.......

once it is in place, there is still the grief of making it interface on the buss....

If it suits you....There are plenty of aftermarket companies that make units that you can plug into your DLC...eliminating all of your worries of what will and what wont work.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic
More hassle than it is worth.......

once it is in place, there is still the grief of making it interface on the buss....

If it suits you....There are plenty of aftermarket companies that make units that you can plug into your DLC...eliminating all of your worries of what will and what wont work.
Thanks for your reply. I did consider aftermarket but really prefer OEM because of aesthetics. So I think what I am hearing is that it is possible. I have been told that the harness and connector should be there, all I need is the trip computer. I think what you are telling me is that the problem is letting the other computer know that it's there, correct? If they don't pick it up, is this something the dealer can do?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 PM

The information used for the trip computer is transmitted over a Network interface, and depending on other options in the vehicle, it would require replacement and programming of other modules to accomodate the new data path.

As far as wiring and connectors already being there.....physically...maybe, useable....Highly doubtful.

There is NOTHING about modern electronics that is plug n play any longer.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic
The information used for the trip computer is transmitted over a Network interface, and depending on other options in the vehicle, it would require replacement and programming of other modules to accomodate the new data path.

As far as wiring and connectors already being there.....physically...maybe, useable....Highly doubtful.

There is NOTHING about modern electronics that is plug n play any longer.
Ok, sounds like an impossible challenge. I appreciate the info.