Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

1st Gen Tranny Swap

Old 09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Default 1st Gen Tranny Swap

My 00 has just about every option on it, so I'm not lacking much, and for the deal I got on it, I'm not complaining! But, I must say, I really, really, really want an Autostick. I've got my little auto "trained" to hang in gear a little longer when I give it a little extra pressure on the throttle, and I've learned how to tweak it's shifting using the 3 and L gear settings, but it's still not what I want. For instance, placing the car in "3" lets 1st gear rev up a little bit but doesn't red line it, and then the cars goes into second, but, unless you push your foot to the floor or shift down to L once you are above 45mph (the rpm limited speed of 1st gear), it will slide right out of 2nd and into 3rd, eventhough it's bogging down... To me, bogging down for 30 seconds and getting ****ty gas mileage doesn't make any sense when you could floor it, get the same mileage, and only take 10 seconds or less to get to speed... Having an Autostick would make this all a whole lot easier though, not to mention more fun!

I've been able to locate a couple Autosticks around here, and I'm wondering just how hard it would be to swap one of them with mine? I know I would need the Autostick's TCM and the cluster and shifter out of the autostick car, but I'd be willing to do that if that was all it took. It should all just swap out, should it not? Perhaps some of you have done this before? Just wondering how much down time would be involved... Let me know your opinions...