Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2.7 to a 2.4 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Default 2.7 to a 2.4 ?????

Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased a very nice 2001 Sebring convertible with a siezed 2.7 motor. I was wondering if a 2.4 would bolt up without any major modifications, or should I stay with the 2.7. Were I live I can buy a 2.4 for about a third of the price of a 2.7. Thoughts, comments, and guidence would be helpful.
Thanks,
Ed

Old 09-26-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by emagoto
Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased a very nice 2001 Sebring convertible with a siezed 2.7 motor. I was wondering if a 2.4 would bolt up without any major modifications, or should I stay with the 2.7. Were I live I can buy a 2.4 for about a third of the price of a 2.7. Thoughts, comments, and guidence would be helpful.
Thanks,
Ed
YOu got this car cheap because of the 2.7. Now the ONLY way you could do a conversion is to get a complete car for parts. You'll need the change the transmission, exhaust, wire harness, engine computer and probabably a whole bunch more parts than I care to remember.

the 2.7 must have been designed by the same people at GM that came up with the Quad4... both are JUNK! and a PITA to work on.