Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2002 Sebring Sedan too low!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Default 2002 Sebring Sedan too low!

Hi Guys, new to this forum and need some advise from you guys that are very familiar with these Chrysler front wheel driver cars.
Recently purchased a 2002 Sebring Lxi Sedan; that is a cherry of a car inside and out but the 2.7L had a rod knocking.
I pulled the engine and put a crank kit in it and fixed that issue. But there is one thing that bugs me about this car and that is the fact it is so frick'in low to the ground. The tires are 16" and there wasn't an optional tire with a taller sidewall the tire store offered. The problem is my home is on a bit of a downhill grade and there is a short brim at the top, the car scrapes on it pulling out.
If I can just lift this car an inch or so these issues would be solved.
Are there "spring pucks" available for these that would give you a bit of lift?
Thanks

Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 AM

Is it supposed to be that low ? I mean maybe its standard that it is low ?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowed
Is it supposed to be that low ? I mean maybe its standard that it is low ?
I guess you are saying. "it is suppose to be low to the ground".

Well, yes. But the fact still it is too low.
I understand that "low and sporty" is the in thing and this car can be considered a quas-sports car because it has the goods in that department.
But I realized I need to find a way of gaining an inch or so of lift or this is a deal breaker. I can't keep banging the undercarriage when I leave or pull into my driveway.

And if anyone is unaware the purpose of the "birm" at the top of the driveway is to keep water from running off the street and washing my property out.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Right... I think you could check the suspension springs. I've seen some crippled cars with springs cut, lets say one or two rings less than originally. Also they may be just cracked. If the springs are damaged in any way - you don't need any additional things, just put the original length springs.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:21 PM

Seems like most people want to do the opposite, they want to lower the ride height. Here's a source for a lower height, maybe they have increased height springs if you ask them:

Chrysler Sebring Lowering Springs, Sebring Lowering Kit

Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowed
Right... I think you could check the suspension springs. I've seen some crippled cars with springs cut, lets say one or two rings less than originally. Also they may be just cracked. If the springs are damaged in any way - you don't need any additional things, just put the original length springs.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have seen a lot of ruined vehicles because they cut a couple coils of the springs to lower them instead of going with a kit. I checked the prints and so forth, they look good. Another thought is I could just replace them since they are the factory springs and it is likely they have sagged some.