Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2005 sebring a/c and radiator fan problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Default 2005 sebring a/c and radiator fan problems

I have a 05 Sebring with the 2.4 DOCH. Ther radiator fans will not come on and the A/C compressor will not engage. I have changed the high and low radiator fan relays and the A/C relay. I have also ran 12 volts from the battery to the radiator fans to test them. When I ran the 12 volts to the fans they worked fine. I also tried to recharge the A/C system but I could not because the compressor will not turn on. It overheats ofcorse when it is idileing and standing still. So I know the fans work I just dont know where the problem is in the system. I think it has somthing to do with the A/C I just dont know how to test the compressor or the rest of the system. Please any help would be greatly appritiated I am really stumped on this one.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

its a fan issue not an ac issue the engine should not over heat even if the ac does not work look at all fuses to start.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:31 PM

I checked all the fuses on the car. I still cant seem to find the disconnection. I have not checked the eatx relay, asd relay, I dont know If they would have any thing to do with the fans. But all of the relays and fuses in the fans path have been replaced. I did try somthing the other day and got the fans to turn on I disconnected what i think is the AC refrigerant temp sensor and when i reconnected it the fans came on however when I shut the car off and then started it again the fans would not come on. Do you know the sensor that im talking about? It comes off of a ac aluminium pipe near the radiator on the passenger side of the car. Every time I unplug the wire and plug it back in the fans kick on. Could that be the problem? I also replaced the coolant temp sensor still nothing.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

yes its called a ac pressure transducer

Old 01-29-2010, 08:30 PM

Do you think its worth replacing or should I look somewhere else. I mean I guess I kinda works because when I plug it back in the fans operate for a while I just dont know If its that sensor or if its the refrigerant in the system giving it a faulty signal. I dont know if it has anything to do with the compressor because that still wont kick on. Both of these problems happened at the same time thats why I think they are connected. But I have no idea where to start.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

u can try it the way I would test it u don't have access to a scanner with the ability to turn on the fans with the computer. I am sure u have checked both fuses ??

Old 01-29-2010, 08:57 PM

Yeah I replaced the high and low relays I just cant figure this one out. I do really appriciate the help man. Like I said Im lost on this one.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

and i quote ""I am sure u have checked both fuses ?? ""
i said nothing about relays

Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 PM

My bad. What fuses are you talking about? I thought I checked them all but I most certianly could be mistaken

Old 01-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

fuse 12 40 amp and 23 20 amp

Quick Reply: 2005 sebring a/c and radiator fan problems