Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2010 Chrysler Sebring not starting

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Default 2010 Chrysler Sebring not starting

My 2010 Sebring 2.4L has the MIL on and doesn't want to start. It will crank but not fire up. If I give it gas while cranking the engine over it starts. It seems that it isn't getting enough fuel. Fuel pump is not the problem. Already changed the crankshaft position sensor with no success. Help, outta ideas!!

Old 08-17-2016, 03:50 PM

If the MIL light is on, there will be fault codes stored in the computer. The place to start is to get those codes read. Once that is done, a plan of action for repair can be developed.

Many auto parts stores will read codes for free. It's pointless to guess or throw random parts at the car.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
If the MIL light is on, there will be fault codes stored in the computer. The place to start is to get those codes read. Once that is done, a plan of action for repair can be developed.

Many auto parts stores will read codes for free. It's pointless to guess or throw random parts at the car.
I did take my car and have a diagnostics ran. It gave me codes for the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors and the EMC. We changed the crankshaft position sensor and it did solve the problem. I was told that due to it cranking when trying to get the car started over the last couple days, the computer threw out ghost codes.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:00 AM

From your first post: "Already changed the crankshaft position sensor with no success."

From your second post: "We changed the crankshaft position sensor and it did solve the problem."

I find that confusing.

"It gave me codes for the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors and the EMC."

Did you change the camshaft position sensor?

What is an "EMC"?

Old 08-18-2016, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by missimerica
I did take my car and have a diagnostics ran. It gave me codes for the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors and the EMC. We changed the crankshaft position sensor and it did solve the problem. I was told that due to it cranking when trying to get the car started over the last couple days, the computer threw out ghost codes.
Happy to hear this has been resolved. If problem comes back, don't hesitate to DM me. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Old 08-09-2017, 08:10 PM

I have one that won't start as well. At first I thought the ignition switch was going bad, but then the oil pressure light started coming on. Then it starting cranking up some times and not others. I got some the following codes, so I decided to change plugs and coils, but I'm still having issues with all cylinders firing.

P0300
P0365
P0523

Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Now I'm looking at engines. I have a 8th digit B VIN Number

Old 08-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Old 08-09-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
I started to replace that too, then i got worried about replacing and replacing parts then it end up being the motor. It does have over 200K on it and oiled seemed pretty dirty. I wonder if some moisture got in as well

Old 08-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Before you decide to replace the engine, decide whether there is some reason for keeping the car at all. What will it be worth after you replace the engine? If it will not be worth considerably more than he cost of replacing the engine, then don't waste your money. Eight-year-old Sebrings with over 200,000 miles on them aren't worth much.

Quick Reply: 2010 Chrysler Sebring not starting