Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2010 Sebring -audio upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Default 2010 Sebring -audio upgrade

Is it worth it to find a factory head for this or should I consider aftermarket?

base 2010 with 4 cylinder engine.
600 + miles a week
spend about 10 to 15 hours in the car weekly
Cell phone bluetooth isn't an option on the factory head without a u-connect

Would it be better to get something with bluetooth and nav? And what would be a good replacement that will fit without a majority of modification? Will remote steering controls still work?

Old 02-14-2017, 11:12 AM

Personally, I prefer a portable nav unit. Can be used in any car, much cheaper to update the maps, more easily hidden from thieves, though it can still be stolen but at least they won't take an axe to the dashboard to get it out.

Car stereos are, to a certain extent standardized in size, so it's not hard to find one that will fit in the space provided. It is difficult to find an aftermarket unit that looks like an OEM unit and matches the rest of the interior. If that's important to you, look on eBay for an exact replacement. Steering wheel controls are not likely to work with an aftermarket unit.

There are shops that specialize in aftermarket car stereo units. If you are willing to spend some money you can get a very nice unit with all the bells and whistles. You can consider a satellite radio if your time in the car will justify it. Consider also how long you will be keeping this car.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:25 AM

Having been in the remanufacturing for GM, Ford and Chrysler from 1969 to 1999, I 've done the factory audio and instrumentation as a distributor for all three. (my text notice is the infamous 'you're door is ajar' from the K-car). I've done aftermarket set up from Metra, AI ETC. Never liked the cheap feel from back in the day. Didn't expect much of a change to today. And I never cut plus but bought the adapter so I can return the car back to OEM.

I'm out of the business since 99, so I wanted to fresh eye approach. Trying not to cause more of an issue with an aftermarket unit. I use WAZE for traveling, but I am not the only person driving the vehicle at times.

It is a cherry vehicle with 89K on odo. My 2015 Rav 4 has 49K after 14 months in comparison. Trying to stop using it and put miles on the Sebring instead.