Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2010 wont stay started, etc light is on

Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Question 2010 wont stay started, etc light is on

My 2010 Sebring wouldnt start, we jump started it and it ran for a few minutes and then the ETC light came on, the car started shaking, wouldnt move out of gear and the car died.

Can't seem to find the part at an autoparts store, is this a chrysler part only that I'll have to get from a dealership?

Old 04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

are u trying to replace teh throttle body? then yes dealer only part and dealer will need to program it once installed. FYI have u checked teh codes with a scanner first?

Old 04-14-2014, 02:53 AM

Get in the car, shut the door, put in the key, and do what is called the "key dance". From off, turn it on, off, on, off, on within ten seconds. The trouble codes should appear in the odometer. Otherwise, take it to autozone/oreily's/the dealership to get the codes pulled. Be warned if you take it to a dealership, they will charge you to pull the codes. Is it a 2.4,2.7, or 3.5? I believe they only used the 3.5 and the 2.4 in your model year, so I might be off in my guesses.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

key dance inop on 2010 cars they took that software out in 04 and up new designs ugggg

Old 04-14-2014, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
key dance inop on 2010 cars they took that software out in 04 and up new designs ugggg
Let's eat Grandma.

Let's eat, Grandma.

Proper punctuation saves lives.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

notinthismatterstillsameoutcome

Old 04-15-2014, 05:05 AM

So after replacing battery and alternator and still no charge we've ordered an ecu, if it came from the same model year and engine will it still have to be programmed by Chrysler? Thanks for your time, its nice to have the input.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by pwalke773
So after replacing battery and alternator and still no charge we've ordered an ecu
Dude. You're just throwing parts at it and you are starting with the most expensive parts first. That's not a good approach to car repair. And yes, you will need to have the computer programmed with the VIN and mileage.

Did you ever get any fault code out of the old ecu?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Im gonna say no

Old 04-16-2014, 07:07 AM

"Dude" no, I am not just throwing parts at it, when the battery wouldnt hold a charge and was tested, it had a bad cell. Replaced. Secondly, when the voltage was tested at the alternater itself, it had 0 amps, took it in to our local guy for repair and he showed me exactly the problem.......also reminded me that my alternator was electronic and charged from the ECU and if it was still not charging, it was an ECU problem. Thirdly, the ECU was throwing codes there were no problems with, indicating it was an ECU Problem also. Thank you for your insults and lack of help in answering my question, feel free to offend someone else today and don't worry about my problem, I got your message loud and clear.

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Dude. You're just throwing parts at it and you are starting with the most expensive parts first. That's not a good approach to car repair. And yes, you will need to have the computer programmed with the VIN and mileage.

Did you ever get any fault code out of the old ecu?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 wont stay started, etc light is on