Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Aftermarket Sebring deck and immobilized

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Default Aftermarket Sebring deck and immobilized

Hi I just purchased a used 2001 Sebring sedan that did not come with a key fob. It has an after market deck installed and an after market immobilizer called "telock" from a company called telcore. My question is, if I purchase a fob And program it with a dbiii scanner can I uninstall the immobilizer that I assume is only sliced into the ignition wire. I have read that if you have an after market radio deck knstallled then the factory transponder key/ key fob/ and alarm would not work. I am wondering if this is the reason the car didn't come with a fob and had the factory immobilizer installled. I'm trying to avoid having to buy an after market alarm and keyless entry. Thank you

Old 03-12-2017, 09:16 PM

Your question is probably better directed to the manufacturer(s) of the aftermarket equipment, but be forewarned that they are unlikely to share information about disabling or circumventing any aspect of their equipment. After all, they are trying to outwit the thieves and don't want to get information out there that will make that any easier. If you can locate the installer of the equipment, they might be able to do what you want done, although they probably won't tell you how to do it yourself.