Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Am I crazy??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Default Am I crazy??

I have a 2002 Sebring LXI Sedan. On my radio panel their are buttons that pull out so you can have the sound going from front/rear and right/left. When I turn the **** to go to the rear I get no sound. I thought I had speakers back there but I looked and can not find any! I looked on the doors, on the back behind the seats, under the seats etc.. I am wondering if anyone else has a Sebring with only 2 speakers? Are they hidden? I had my radio unit replaced last year with the same exact unit put in, I feel like I used to have back speakers but maybe I am getting it confused. Also on the side of my door in the back of the car it looks like their are indents when speakers "would go" but their are no speakers visible, I can't imagine that they would but speakers behind door paneling, but who knows. Any answers or help would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I am nuts!

Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Speakers are under the rear deck. I believe (not sure at the moment) that this is also where your amp is mounted if you have one. Get in your trunk with a flashlight. In the future, don't replace your dead Chrysler radio with another one. It's a losing proposition...lol

Old 11-11-2010, 10:23 PM

If you have the premium sound system, you will have an amplifier under the front passenger seat. You will also have speakers in the front doors, in the instrument panel and under the rear package shelf.

The standard sound system has no amplifier under the passenger seat and omits the speakers in the instrument panel.

This all assumes that someone has not installed an aftermarket system in the intervening years.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Default Still nothing.

I am by no means good with vehicles. I check the rear deck (had to google that term btw) There are so speakers, I check on the side on the door - nothing. Check the trunk - nothing. I do not know if it is possible for the speakers to be covered, in our other vehicle the back speakers are on the door and visible. This is really just plain crazy. I am questioning by sanity, but before I replaced the cd player I know I had sound in the back. I just need to find the speakers or some kind of evidence of this so I can check the wiring in the radio to see if something just wasn't hooked up correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please be as specific as possible when referring to certain areas of the vehicle, dumb it down a bit for me! Thanks.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:14 PM

The door speakers are located in the front doors, at the front forward lower corner of the door. There is an area there with a lot of little holes in the door trim panel. The speakers are behind the trim panel right behind the area with the perforations. To access the speakers you must remove the door trim panels.

The speakers under the package try can be accessed by lowering the rear seat backs. (Did you know you could pull the rear seat backs down with the little loops near the shoulder belts?) There is a trim panel covering the backsides of the speakers. You must remove that and the interior trim around that area to remove those speakers.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:19 PM

Yes the speakers are in the rear by the windshield, only chrysler would upholster and cover the speakers, geesh!

Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 02sebring
Yes the speakers are in the rear by the windshield, only chrysler would upholster and cover the speakers, geesh!
Why do you feel the need to wake up a thread from 2010?

Old 05-26-2011, 07:31 AM

You must be a grumpy old man. I am sorry that your life is so insignificant that YOU feel that need to go out of your way and complain about me waking up a post. You should take your snide comments elsewhere sweetheart. I was only trying to help, should anyone else have the same question, as I just recently found my rear speakers that appeared hidden.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by 02sebring
You must be a grumpy old man. I am sorry that your life is so insignificant that YOU feel that need to go out of your way and complain about me waking up a post. You should take your snide comments elsewhere sweetheart. I was only trying to help, should anyone else have the same question, as I just recently found my rear speakers that appeared hidden.
Totally happy. Just trying to cut down on TROLL activity. If you have something to add to the conversation that is relevant, then go for it. However, restating facts that have already been posted and waking up a dead thread from 2010 is just plain stupid. Regular readers here go to the new posts when they visit. For them to have to sift through a bunch of useless posts like your last one find it frustrating to have to waste their time.

Last edited by TNtech; 05-27-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech
Totally happy. Just trying to cut down on TROLL activity. If you have something to add to the conversation that is relevant, then go for it. However, restating facts that have already been posted and waking up a dead thread from 2010 is just plain stupid. Regular readers here go to the new posts when they visit. For them to have to sift through a bunch of useless posts like your last one find it frustrating to have to waste their time.

Thank you father Chrysler. Maybe you should quit it with your nonsense. Look at your patrolling the forums. What kind of world would this be if we didn't have people like you donating your services? Phew! I just want to thank you for continuing to keep the thread alive, if you really cared you would have just left it alone and moved on. I must be a bad bad girl for "waking up a thread" shame on me. Off with my head!

Quick Reply: Am I crazy??