Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Anyone help an old guy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Default Anyone help an old guy?

Hello to everyone.
I am hoping someone here can help me. My son has a 95 Sebring LXi. He started it a few days ago and the alarm sounded. He said fudge it and drove anyway. After he left the store the car would not re-start.
Before anyone asks, I have no codes because he ran the battery down trying to start the car then pulled it to charge it while I was on my way to him (I live 75 miles from him).
Upon checking alarm wiring, I found the plastic connector in the driver’s door broken.
Changed both locks (for key reasons) did the lock/unlock with both doors but still no start.
He does not have the key fab for remote entry as he bought the car in a hurry and just settled for something he could get right now for the money he had.

Now a couple questions. Why was he able to drive with alarm going off? I thought the alarm disabled the car.
Am I missing something to re-set the system?
The dash show’s security when keys are used in doors. The alarm arm’s and disarms from both doors.

I am at a loss as to what to try next. In the meantime he is using one of my cars for work so he is in no hurry, but I am.

Any help here would be very much appreciated.