Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Brake Rotor Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Default Brake Rotor Suggestions

I am looking for new rotors for my 2001 sebring LXi sedan 2.7l. Im not looking to spend a fortune but I want some good rotors, I am getting ceramics pads for the front and rear and I am replacing the rotors for the front and rear also. Some of the brands I have come across are BestBrake Select, Doorman, EBC, Precision, Wagner, Wearever, Duralast and some other ones on ebay I have never heard of. Does anyone have any suggestions on brands and flat, slotted, drilled, or slotted and drilled. I do daily driving, no racing but i have been told I take turns fast and sharp. Any help would be great!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Location: T-County, Ohio. Good ol' farm country! Or at least what's left of it...

-I haven't done my Sebring yet, but I used the Wagner Thermo-Quiet ceramic pads and Wagner rotors on my Wife's '05 Neon SXT about a year and a half ago. No squealing or any other noises since then. We also have probably made 4 or 5 trips from Ohio to Myrtle Beach since then, and I have no braking issues what-so-ever coming down through the mountains. Also the ceramic pads really do keep the front rims a lot cleaner than the stock pads did. Not sure if you can still use it, but if you shop online at Advance Auto's website to get your pads and rotors, at the checkout put in P20 in the promo code box. This will knock 20% off of your entire order. But you have to purchase online and either have it shipped or pick it up at your local Advance Auto.

L8R,
Matt

Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM

So I did my brakes today in my garage. I did use the Wagner Thermo-Quiet ceramic pads all the way around and I got Raybestos rotors all the way around also. There is a little bit of noise around 20mph, but only sometimes, it seems if im going downhill or something or will do it. It sounds like a warped rotor but is it SUPER faint and barely noticeable, Should I worry about it, get it checked out, or just leave it?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM

I don't think it's a warped rotor...My thinking, if it was warped you would have it all the time. Did you collapse you caliper pistons all the way in? Maybe one of the tabs on one of the pads needs to be bent out.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ribguy
I don't think it's a warped rotor...My thinking, if it was warped you would have it all the time. Did you collapse you caliper pistons all the way in? Maybe one of the tabs on one of the pads needs to be bent out.
I did collapse them all the way. Im not to worried about it, I usually ride around with the windows down and/or the music up so I dont hear it. The only reason I heard it that night is because I didnt have the music up and the windows were down. It stops JUST fine and thats what I was looking for, If it was serious it would either be louder or more noticable.