Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

calling out for all sebring gurus!!!!!!car will NOT shut off!!!help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Default calling out for all sebring gurus!!!!!!car will NOT shut off!!!help

I have a 2000 chrysler sebring convertible 2.5 v6.The car will not immediately shut off after ignition is turned off, and key is remooved.It will continue to run for about 3 minutes after key is off..???I have looked for the asd relay but cant find it inthe power distribution center.Does the convertible have the asd relay located some where else?.I can only find the asd fuse.can some one please help me find the asd relay.....
Has anyone experienced this same problem? Yes I have searched ,....
could this be saused by a bad ignition switch??? any one ? help!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Default RE: calling out for all sebring gurus!!!!!!help

update !! I dissconnected the gauge/speedo cluster and the car shuts off normally now!!!!WTH!!! When I plug the cluster back on , The originall problem returns...

Old 03-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Default RE: calling out for all sebring gurus!!!!!!help

help!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:56 AM
moe
Default RE: calling out for all sebring gurus!!!!!!car will NOT shut off!!!help

at first i thought it might be the cluster,but after reading this it might be the PCM.because the vtss would keep the car from starting.i'll see what ihave that will help you.m0e
ELECTRO/MECHANICAL INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
DESCRIPTION
The mechanical instrument cluster is an electro/mechanical module which receives most of its information from the Body Control Module (BCM) via the CCD bus.
The cluster Instrument Cluster includes:
[ul][*]120 mph (200) km/h speedometer[*]Tachometer[*]Odometer / trip odometer and transmission range indicator with automatic transmission[*]Door ajar[*]Deck ajar[*]Lo washer fluid[*]Fuel gauge[*]Temperature gauge[*]Vehicle Theft / Security System (VTSS) indicator (optional) [/ul]
The warning and information indicators include the following:
[ul][*]Check Engine[*]Airbag[*]Charging system[*]Low oil pressure[*]High temperature[*]Low fuel[*]Seat belt[*]Cruise (optional)[*]Brake/park brake[*]Anti-lock brake system (optional)[*]High beam[*]Fog lamps[*]Vehicle Theft / Security System (VTSS) indicator (optional)[*]Turn signals[*]Traction Control ON/OFF.[/ul]
OPERATION
The gauges are the magnetic air-core type. When the ignition switch is OFF, the gauge pointers should rest at or below the low graduation.
It receives most of its information from the Body Control Module (BCM) via the CCD bus.
oe

Old 03-07-2008, 11:57 AM
moe

might help bro.
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER SELF- DIAGNOSTICS
Initiate instrument cluster self-diagnostic by depressing the odometer/trip reset button while turning the ignition key to the OFF and then the RUN position. This will cycle an electronic display segment check and illumination in sequence of all CCD bus activated cluster warning indicators. There are four Check (CHEC) functions:
[*]CHEC 1, checks the gauges.[*]CHEC 2, checks the warning lamps.[*]CHEC 3, checks the odometer/trip meter.[*]CHEC 4, Transmission Range Indicator for the automatic transmission or the autostick transmission. [/ol]
If the diagnostic procedure determines that a replacement of an instrument cluster component is required, refer to the proper component removal procedure

Old 03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
moe

starting system diagram,

Old 03-07-2008, 12:06 PM
moe

theft wiring

Old 03-07-2008, 12:08 PM
moe

Old 03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
moe

try taking out fuse #9 in the PDC.then we can narrow it down to the cluster.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: moe

try taking out fuse #9 in the PDC.then we can narrow it down to the cluster.
ok moe here is the deal, I like I said before When I unplug the odometer cluster the car shuts off fine....

I tried to do the cluster self diagnostics and it would not do it, it just would not self test.Then Idissconnected the blue harness connector located on the back of the cluster(red harness plugged in )and behold it began to self test.Everything OK.I also swapped cluster with another and had the same results (ok)..

one important note is that I cannot pull the OBD2 codes from cluster when I do the key on ,key off 3 times in a row within 5 seconds. I can only do it with a scanner VIA THEALDL connector,NO CODES PRESENT . I remmoved the #9 fuse and now the car shuts off normally ,great!!! But now the oil light is "on" the cluster and now the obd2 scanner is not able to link up with the pcm,(cause -removal fuse #9 power).

Does this help.....

Quick Reply: calling out for all sebring gurus!!!!!!car will NOT shut off!!!help