Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Chrysler Sebring Strut Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 11:36 PM
Default Chrysler Sebring Strut Mounts

I was told that I need strut mounts for my 2002 Chrysler Sebring Lxi Convertible. The rubber is degraded when you look at it from the strut tower on the car. The question that I have is what type of part do I need for it because the strut tower has 4 bolts, but the strum mounting kits that I have looked up have 3 screws. A link or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-02-2020, 03:26 PM

You might be looking at parts for a coupe, which are totally different from the sedan/convertible. Coupes were built by Mitsubishi, sedan/convertible by Chrysler. The spring seats are not included in the kits and may be hard to find now,

Also, front/rear are obviously different.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find the rubber mounts online. All that comes up are the shock mounts that are metal. Might just take it to a shop and have them inspect the strut assembly and suspension of the car.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:03 AM

Yeah, I had to break down and get the rubber spring seats from the dealer, but that was years ago and the dealer doesn't carry them any more.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
You might be looking at parts for a coupe, which are totally different from the sedan/convertible. Coupes were built by Mitsubishi, sedan/convertible by Chrysler. The spring seats are not included in the kits and may be hard to find now,

Also, front/rear are obviously different.
I have brand new rubber mounts and struts paid 300 for all off it under 75 miles on them sell150

Old 08-06-2020, 08:04 AM

https://www.1aauto.com/dodge-chrysle...RoCnUkQAvD_BwE

would this work for the convertible version of my car? I don't know what the issue is, but the wheel has a hard time returning to the center when it turns and makes a screeching noise when I turn it. Like metal on metal contact. Should I just bite the bullet and buy an entire assembly because its actually cheaper than buying the mounting brackets by itself, and I can't the spring insulators online. I was just wondering if this would be acceptable, and thanks for replying when you do.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:14 PM

If this actually fits a 2002 Sebring convertible, you will have to disassemble it to install the upper control arm because the bolts that hold the control arm must be inserted from the inside, where the spring is located. You will need a spring compressor to accomplish that. Write to them and get them to commit to it fitting a convertible before you buy.

Whether that will fix your screeching noise I have no idea. You should get under there and take a close look to see if you can find where the noise is coming from. Look for evidence of things rubbing together.

It's a very good price if it fits and you can use it.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:44 PM

I was doing the breaks with my friend and I think that it is definitely the spring isolators. I do not know if you can tell from this picture if that is the case.

As stated before I do hear grinding noise when turning the wheel. I looked it up online, and that is one of the symptoms of a failing spring isolator. As you can see I had a new shock absorber put in, and I had the front strut bushings put in.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:43 PM

Strange that they would replace the shocks and bushings but not those spring seats. The whole process will have to be repeated to get them out. The strut will have to come out, the spring compressed and the strut disassembled. Finding the seats is the hard part. I don't know where you'll find them.

They look pretty bad but whether they would cause that squeak, I can't say. You might try squirting them with soapy water to see if that will make the squeak go away temporarily (only for as long as it takes the water to dry).

Old 08-12-2020, 07:34 AM

I found the spring seats upper and lower on Mopar parts. Now, I have to determine if that is the only issue that is causing the problem. Yes, I find it weird that a shop would offer to put the front strut bushings in, but not tell the customer about the spring seats, both the upper and lower ones. That is why I no longer go there. They flat out lied to my face and tried telling me that 3-inch thick shock mounting brackets were the issue. I went underneath the car. It does not seem to be bents or anything like that. The only thing that seems to be the issue is the loss of rubber on the top of the springs. That I can see.

Here is the link that has the spring isolators, upper and lower.

https://www.moparpartscorp.com/v-200...ont-suspension

Quick Reply: Chrysler Sebring Strut Mounts