Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Coolant is Boiling . smoke coming out .

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Default Coolant is Boiling . smoke coming out .

when I drive for 15min or so . My engine temp gauge goes up to nearly H . and i can see the smoke coming out from coolant side. and when i stop the car i can hear the boiling sound. I have just replace the readiator cap and top up coolant still i am having a problem. Plz help .. here is the pic where i can see the smoke coming out everytime.

here is Link :Flickr: Manan46's Photostream

Thanks You

Old 08-26-2012, 03:06 PM

smoke or steam?
Broken head gasket?

Old 08-26-2012, 03:30 PM

Steam . .. does it have to do anything with Thermostat housing/

Old 08-26-2012, 08:50 PM

My apologies. I did not look at the pictures the first time.

Pressure test the system when it is cold.... I'm guessing that your thermostat housing is cracked.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

its call a water outlet housing

Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the proper terminology

Old 06-04-2018, 03:20 PM
Default Water outlet housing, fan did not come on. 2006 Sebring 2.7 touring. Coolant

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
its call a water outlet housing
let

hi, i have found a hole in my water outlet housing and will replace it. But my qestion is why did the fan not come on when temp indicator went into RED zone and steam pouring out and antifreeze all over block.
There does not appear to be any antifreeze in oil. So why did the fan not come on? The 2 fan relays look visually ok. I will switch 2 of the relays next to each other to see what happens.
What is the third fan relay for?
i have never seen the fan come on. When on highway the temp needle is alwsys a quater up and reads normal.
if head gasket leaking, will it leak into oil? How can i tell if head gasket issue?
i had to top up antifreeze about 2 litres 2 weeks ago for first time because check engine light came on, then now houseing blew a hole. I cannot turn the bleed valve on the housing to bleed air, its that tight. I am afriad i will break housing if i force it. I tried to open the bleed valve on old unit i just took put, but could not turn it. I am wondering if the air traped inside caused the steam to boil inside the high point of housing causing it to fail. Some say do not bleed via valve and air will escape from resovoir tank, but i'm nolonger a beliver in that. I just cant see how to bleed air out of this car? Any advice

Old 06-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

To answers that question if you have the 2.7 the coolant temp is at the top of that housing so if u have low coolant whats up there to show the temp? hot air the sensor was not showing the correct temp to make the fan come no.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:22 PM

sounds like a thermostat issue

Old 08-07-2019, 07:55 PM

you could bypass the thermostat and have the fan running continuously as a short term fix. Also your picture is not working.

Quick Reply: Coolant is Boiling . smoke coming out .