Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Driver Door Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 04:07 PM
Default Driver Door Window Issue

Hi all. I'm new here - just bought a 2008 Sebring Convertible. Noticed the driver side door window goes down 1/2" when i pull on either handle (inside or exterior).so that when I open the door the window is below the roof seam. It should stay down until I close the door, but this window goes back up once I let go of the door handle. Now when I close the door, the window is up and brushes against the roof seam. That's wear down pretty quickly. I also notice the dome lights do not come on when I open the driver side door - so this tells me the system thinks the door is closed (window rolls back up, dome lights are off). The passenger side door works as it should - window stays down while the door is open, and the light stays on while the door is open. Seems like some sort of door switch issue, but before I start digging, I thought I'd ask for help from the Forum.

Thanks!
Steve Tassini
2008 Sebring Convertible

Old 01-25-2022, 09:03 PM

The switch that tells the computer whether the door is opened or closed is located in the door latch. Replacing the latch should resolve the problems you describe.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:13 AM

Could also be a "calibration" issue.
There is a way to re synchronize the window, may find help here.
https://sebringclub.net/

Old 01-26-2022, 09:49 AM

Thanks dcotter. Looks like a process to get to the door lock actuator which apparently holds the door switch. I'm up for the task and will purchase the appropriate actuator. Too bad it's not a simple switch on the door closure "button."

Old 01-26-2022, 09:56 AM

Thanks FIREM. For some reason I can get logged into that site. Weird.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:38 AM

If it was just the window drop I would say the calibration/relearn may be in order. The interior lights not lighting up when the door is open points more to the door latch but the driver door control module (ddcm) can not be ruled out. The ddcm controls the door/window functions and communicates with the other computer modules over the car's computer network (can-bus), for example to light the interior lamps. Another test, does the dinger sound if you open the door with the key in the ignition? Also you should not be able to lock the driver's door from the armrest button if it is open and the key is in the ignition.

Yea, the sebringclub.net website has been having issues the past few days. Seems to be better the past few days though.

Last edited by ggoose; 01-26-2022 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-07-2023, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by smtassini
Thanks dcotter. Looks like a process to get to the door lock actuator which apparently holds the door switch. I'm up for the task and will purchase the appropriate actuator. Too bad it's not a simple switch on the door closure "button."
smtassini, seems I am having the exact same issue as you with my 2009 Sebring hardtop convertible...The smart window works perfectly on the passenger side, but on the driver's side, when I pull the door handle to exit, the window drops, but as soon as I let go of the handle, it goes up...Same with the exterior door handle, as soon as I let go of it, the window goes up from drop down position..Did you find that it was the switch/actuator?

Old 08-07-2023, 03:15 PM

Hi smtassini...new to forum, just bought m 2009 Sebring Hardtop convertible...I had replied that I have the same exact issue as you, as soon as I let go of either the exterior or interior door handle, the window goes up from the drop down position...The passenger side works correctly as it should..Were you able to replace the latch/actuator? Was it the answer?

Old 08-07-2023, 06:59 PM

Have you tried the smartglass relearn procedure?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Smartglass Relearn.pdf (409.5 KB, 73 views)
Old 08-07-2023, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by ggoose
Have you tried the smartglass relearn procedure?
Yes, if you mean rolling the window down slightly, and using the top button to bring back up...same problem.
I have it narrowed down that the driver window drops when I begin to use both the interior and exterior door handles, but goes back up upon releasing the door handles...I have to hold the exterior door handle open slightly to close the door so the window doesn't hit the roof.
Oh, and by the way, thank you for your response and concern...I feel lucky to find someone who seems to have had the same problem..
Did the reset relearn procedure cure your issue?

Quick Reply: Driver Door Window Issue