Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Four short questions, '04 Sebring convertible.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Cool Four short questions, '04 Sebring convertible.

1) I have a 2004 Sebring LXi convertible, but when I look for a part in Autozone or PepBoys, etc. it wants me to enter the model but often doesn't have my model!! Choices are Base, Touring, maybe LX, maybe a 4th choice. Is LX the same as LXi? The car was made in March of 2003, but the VIN and the maintenance manual make it out to be a 2004.

2) Did I read that the car radio plays louder if I go faster? (Maybe that was some other car, or maybe it was a dream?)

3) Just bought the car, used. Was there a valet key for this car? It came with 2 keys but they are the same and open all the locks.

In the Chrysler LeBaron you could make a valet key by cutting a copy on a different blank. Can I do that with this one?

I'm going to stay at my brother's condo for a week where there is no parking within a mile except in his garage and only valet parking is allowed there! I hate to let other people drive my car, especially those I don't know, and there are lots of posts in the garage that he might hit, but I think they're afraid I can't drive and I'll hit one of the other cars!!

4) The ebay ad for the car said "Single low note horn". That's the way it was made, right? He's not just putting a good light on one broken horn, is he?

Thanks, Rick

Old 07-27-2017, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

The convertible has the amp that will make it louder when going faster Because if your driving with the top down well u can't hear ****.

suppose to have a valet key but after 12 years probably gone somewhere.

U can make a blank key just to open the doors but not start the car has to be a chip key to run it along with having it programmed to the car.

most cars have a high and low note horn