Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Great joy :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Talking Great joy :)

Ok, first thing first - My Sebring coupe with 3 l engine had this annoying vibration. At first it was quite strong. Ok I thought, something with the engine. Looked and found that engine mounts are damaged, rubber was teared, so I thought that was the reason for vibration. Replaced all 4 mounts, original, from Mitsubishi dealer. That helped, vibration reduced and was just slightly noticeable. Damn. When testing from 0 kmh to 100 kmh the vibration was noticeable like one of six cylinders is not working... Then I talked to some friends, nothing good - one said that it might be because the crankshaft main bearings are worn out. Replacing them and buying new (well, from scrap...) engine costs almost the same... Anyway, I decided to replace them, maybe next week. And yesterday I took my car to a service center to make a service check for automatic transmission (you know - oil change, etc.) and what a joy - all vibration disappeared after that. Now with engine running at idle there is no any even slight vibration or movement and its so silent that you would even thing it is not turner on. The way a V form sixpack should run smooth and nice. Next upgrades - new compensators (now they are a bit noisy for several minutes when its cold), new spark plugs, new spark wires, all new upper part gaskets. But main thing - if you have a strange vibration on idle and driving - check the AT.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 PM

It took almost 7 months but now I have the final solution. All the vibration was because of inner joint tripod is worn out and got loose from tripod house. Now ordered new inner joints (left and right), will get them in couple of weeks. It should finally stop the vibration. Done so much already to eliminate it... still to come - replacing all belts and pulleys with bearings on engine (water pump also). What I meant to say - if you got some strange vibration and nothing helps - check the inner joints that goes into the transmission.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 PM

Always nice to have a follow up.

Thanks