Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

help plaese

Old 11-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Default help plaese

i have a 1996 con. i was driving the car one day and it slowed down and cut off . it would not stay started . it ran like it had water in the gas . that was not the problem . we took it to have it checked and nothing showed up on the computer . we thought it was nothing and we drove it for a few days . one day when i was going to work it did the same thing . i read the book and it said it was the catyltac converter . we had a new one put on it . the check engine light stayed on . now it is doing the same thing . the guy we took it to said it has a funny code and he does not know what it means . now it will not stay started at all. it is doing the same thing . when he puts the computer on it it runs fine . when he takes it off it cuts off . please help me find out what is wrong with it .

Old 11-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Default RE: help plaese

First....Find out what the "mystery" code is. It sounds alot like RougeInLA's problem. Check out his post.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:51 AM

the code only showed that the engine was running lean
according to the mechanic, does anyone think it was when the car ran out of
gas some debris from the tank sucked into the fuel pump and is messing it
up? car runs perfectly though when we drove it yesterday, the fuel pressure
reads 49 which is normal, no problems with car until it ran out of gas
which is a mystery.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:08 PM

Maybe an O2 sensor that reads the exhaust. Unplug it and see what happens. Clear the code first then see what code you get next. Typiclly a scan tool doesn't tell you what part is bad, it only tells you the symtoms of the problems. If you don't have a scan tool, you might want to get one. Actron makes an inexpensive one for about $80.00. (about the same price for one visit to the machanic)