Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

HELP with Removing Factory Radio and Door Speaker Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Default HELP with Removing Factory Radio and Door Speaker Please

Hello. I just bought a 2006 Chrysler Sebring Sedan. I would like to know how to remove the Factory CD Player and how to remove the Speaker Grills on the Door's so I can access the speakers. Any help is greatly appreicated. Sorry if this is a Stupid post. I would just like to know how to do it without messing up my car. Thanks Guy.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP with Removing Factory Radio and Door Speaker Please

radio
[ol][*]Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.[*]Remove instrument panel center bezel trim.[*]Remove radio mounting screws.[*]Remove radio (RADIO).[*]Disconnect wire harness connectors. CAUTION: Pulling the antenna cable straight out of the radio without pulling on the locking antenna connector could damage the cable or radio.[*]Disconnect the antenna cable by pulling the locking antenna connector away from the radio (ANTENNA TO RADIO).[/ol]
speakers
REMOVAL [ol][*]Roll door glass down.[*]Disengage two clips attaching speaker grille to door trim panel. They are at the front of the grille, one near the top, and the other one at the bottom.[*]Remove three large washer-headed screws surrounding the speaker (Lower Door Trim Panel Removal).[*]Remove access cover at front of door trim panel. Remove by prying at its rear edge (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).[*]Remove red courtesy reflector from lower tail or door. Disengage by prying at screwdriver notch at bottom of reflector.[*]Remove flag trim panel from door by prying off at two attachment clips points (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).[*]Remove seven screws attaching door trim panel to door: (Lower Door Trim Panel Removal) and (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).[*]One screw is located at lower rear screw pocket.[*]Three screws located along the bottom of door.[*]One screw located inside handle opening.[*]One screw located at the upper front.[*]One screw in the pull cup. [/ol][*]Disengage two hidden clips attaching at the rear of the trim panel, by prying off at two attachment clip points.[*]Lift trim panel upward and away from door, disengage trim panel from upper retainer channel.[*]Disengage clip attaching latch linkage to back door handle.[*]Disconnect electrical connectors as necessary, including lower foot light, If equipped.[*]Remove door trim panel from door. [/ol]

Old 03-17-2007, 02:17 AM

Awesome CHRYSLER TECH! Thanks for thehelp and super fast reply! One more thing. Whats the best way to get the "instrument panel center bezel trim" off without snapping it?

Old 03-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

trim stick or small flat head screw driver dont pry hard

Old 03-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Thanks CHRYSLER TECH again! One more thing. Where should I start to take off the Bezel? Like where is the best place to place the Flat Head Screw Driver to start to pry it. Sorry if these are stupid questions. Thanks in Advance!

Old 03-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

on the side ne place

Old 03-17-2007, 07:45 PM

Ok cool. Thanks For al your help CHRYSLER TECH!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 PM

Hey Chrysler Tech. I just noticed that the Speaker Grill on the door looks like it's molded onto the panel. Does it come seperate? I know you said Disengage the Speaker Grill clips but I can't seem to locate them. Any tips on how I would go about taking it off?

Old 03-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

speakers it the whole door trim panel not just a grill
REMOVAL [ol][*]Roll door glass down.
Disengage two clips attaching speaker grille to door trim panel. They are at the front of the grille, one near the top, and the other one at the bottom.
Remove three large washer-headed screws surrounding the speaker (Lower Door Trim Panel Removal).
Remove access cover at front of door trim panel. Remove by prying at its rear edge (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).
Remove red courtesy reflector from lower tail or door. Disengage by prying at screwdriver notch at bottom of reflector.
Remove flag trim panel from door by prying off at two attachment clips points (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).
Remove seven screws attaching door trim panel to door: (Lower Door Trim Panel Removal) and (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).[*]One screw is located at lower rear screw pocket.[*]Three screws located along the bottom of door.[*]One screw located inside handle opening.[*]One screw located at the upper front.[*]One screw in the pull cup. [/ol]
Disengage two hidden clips attaching at the rear of the trim panel, by prying off at two attachment clip points.
Lift trim panel upward and away from door, disengage trim panel from upper retainer channel.
Disengage clip attaching latch linkage to back door handle.
Disconnect electrical connectors as necessary, including lower foot light, If equipped.[*]Remove door trim panel from door.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:06 PM

Hey Chrysler Tech. I looked very carefully at my Door panel. Here is what I don't get.

"Disengage two clips attaching speaker grille to door trim panel. They are at the front of the grille, one near the top, and the other one at the bottom.
Remove three large washer-headed screws surrounding the speaker (Lower Door Trim Panel Removal)."

The Speaker Grill Does not come off nor does it looks like it can come off.. I didnt see any signs of these clips you talk about. I also don't have some things you mention liek the reflector and such. I have a 06 Sebring Sedan if that matters.

Quick Reply: HELP with Removing Factory Radio and Door Speaker Please