Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

I HATE MY CHRYSLER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Default I HATE MY CHRYSLER!!!

I have made a few posts on here in about the last month with car issues, and now I'm back again with another car issue. Well on Thursday at about 430 my transmission fell... yes fell... out of my car. I don't know what the crap happened but all I know now is that I need a new transmission, and a lot of under body work... the pump for the transmission fluid isn't working, either. sigh... oh well... should I junk my car or what... help me out.. please...

Old 09-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I hate my car

It's only a 97' yet so many issues! Wow. How many miles are on it?

-Matt-

Old 09-13-2005, 10:26 PM

My car only has 76,000 miles on it. I personaly think it's a load of crap how much money I've dumped into this car. $400 for the first brake job, $900 for the second brake job, $900 for a new torque converter, $100 for a new door handle, and now drum roll please... $2500 for a new transmission.. and you know what the kick in the pants is... i bought my car from a dealer for only $7,000. It's so sad.. and I'm reather ticked... I know all of you really like chrysler, but I'm very unhappy with it..

Old 09-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Personally I'd dump it and get an import (Toyota, Honda) As much as I love Chrysler, it seems like you're having a very unlucky spree with it.

/puts flame suit on

-Matt-

Old 09-17-2005, 03:30 AM

If your willing to put more money into your car i kno a guy that does crazzy good work. he's rebuilding my transmission cause mine is about to drop too i think lol and the best thing is its only gonna cost about 500 bucks to do the hole thing thats even with a torgue <--(dont kno how to spell) converter. gotta kno the right ppl so if your interested let me kno

Old 09-17-2005, 05:43 PM

Quick question. Did you put the Torque converter in yourself? If not then I would probably suggest taking it back to the mechanic that did and get them to replace the tranny. Transmissions dont just fall our of cars uless under a whole lot of stress. IE a neutral drop or something of that nature. There are braces underneith to prevent this from happening. So IMO I would take it back to the guy who installed the Torque converter. Then probably kick him a few times in the nutz.

Old 09-17-2005, 11:20 PM

you must have chained the rims to some very strong platform and tried to race a ferrari... that never happens... what state do you live in? check for rust and shizz... ummm,.. also,.. try not playing chicken with dump trucks.. they would def. have a bad impact on the tranny... yeah.. or,.. those f*ckin aliens man... they do some wierd ****... other than that.. take the tranny place to court! fun ****!

Old 09-19-2005, 04:09 AM

In Responce to- rob21af

I went to this place, that was supposed to have this great rep, by other people I've known who went there, for the replacement of my torque converter... things were ok.. sorta.. they told me that I had a ton a matel shavings in the TC, and it needed to be replaced, so I left my car in there care for 4 days. When I got it back, my driver side door handel was gone.. the manager/owner told me that my car never had one. I told him that he was a dumb @$$ and that I would have noticed if I brough my car in w/o a driver side handel. So after about 1.5 hours of yelling at this pin head, he finally said that he'd buy me a new handel... (like he though I'd let him slide.. HA!). So.... 3 or 4 months down the road which lead up to 2 Thursdays ago.. BAM, I need a new Tranny. So I took my Chrysler over to a place where I've had another tranny put in my other car. A 1990 Limited Edition Thunderbird Sport.. Way Hot! and that tranny is AWESOME! So, they called me up on Friday, and told me that I had about 2lbs of matel shaving in my tranny, and that's why it took a crap. the mechanic then goes to tell me that all the shaving came from the torque converter that the OTHER Mechanics had put in.. (the one's who killed my door.) The new tranny place told me that when the other guys put on the new torque, that they DID NOT FLUSH OUT THE FLUIDS!!! [sm=wtf.gif]So, because of them being stupid heads, the torque and tranny all had to be replaced. I looked up info on the 1st place that put in the 1st torque on the Automotive Better Buisness Beuro and they had SUCH a crap score.. a CCC which is pretty damn bad. I'm really pived-off and I want to sue them for being dumb, and neglagent. Should I ?
As far as the braces that were supposed to be holding up the tranny, the tranny place said that there are like 16 bolts that hold that whole shin-dig up and together, and only 9 bolts where were with the car.. that's 7 bolts that went M.I.A. and I pick up EVERYTHING with it fell off. Sue or not to Sue, that is the question...

Old 09-19-2005, 03:12 PM

ya your scarying me with all your problems with your sebring. Hopefully mine is exactly opposite of you and has no problems. Best of luck with your car.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:30 PM

SUE! man no one can gainsay you. Make sure to keep all of your receipts and the paper with the work they did to it and get a statment from the other garage on the things they found. It will all help you in court. Dont forget the door handle! lol I'm sure that info would be helpfull.

Quick Reply: I HATE MY CHRYSLER!!!