Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Issue with losing right speaker balance with my 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Default Issue with losing right speaker balance with my 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX sedan

Hello, I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX sedan that has an aftermarket Kenwood stereo installed now for approximately 1 year. The original OEM stereo was a non infinity system and the aftermarket stereo worked absolutely fine until one day my daughter was driving it to school and she said after hitting a bump, the right stereo balance went out in both the front and rear. While troubleshooting, I pulled the aftermarket stereo out and checked the plug on the stereo and the adapter harness/plug that plugs into the factory harness. (Note: No factory wiring was altered with the aftermarket installation.) Everything is OK. I even plugged the original factory stereo and still no right balance. I pulled the glove box and looked under the dash for an additional plug thinking something became loose or unplugged, but couldnt find anything. The wires on the right rear speaker are intact and short of pulling off the right front door panel to check that speaker, Im pretty stumped. Before I run new speaker wires to the right front and rear, does anyone have a suggestion or idea what may be the problem. Thank you advance for your help!

Old 02-12-2016, 03:25 PM

What makes you think the problem is not internal to the aftermarket stereo?

Old 02-12-2016, 05:28 PM

Two Reasons....I purchased another new kenwood radio...same result. I even plugged in the OEM radio that I had initially took out, eliminating all aftermarket probability and even the OEM radio had no right balance front or rear.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:35 PM

Mosey over to 12volt.com and see if they have a wiring diagram for your car. It might help you trace down the wires. You might want to invest in a continuity tester to help the process. This stuff isn't rocket science. Patience, persistence and a logical approach will get you through it. If you've got door speakers, I'd start with those. The wiring sometimes breaks from flexing where the bundle goes into the door.