Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Just got a 92 Lebaron convertible..a few questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Default Just got a 92 Lebaron convertible..a few questions..

I just bought a 92 lebaron convertible. The top ,windows,seats,everything electrical work fine. I posted here because it was the closest I could find to a lebaron ..if in the wrong place please move it to appropriate area. The car has a small oil leak in the front ...seems to be from front main seal. The engine is the 3,0 v6. How hard is this to fix??it looks like you'd just take of the lower pulley and get to it...but it's probably not that simple I'd guess. Second question..will the 17 X6 rims from a 97-2000 fit my lebaron? I just have the steelies and hub caps on this model(lx) and was looking to upgrade in the future.The ones I want have the gold tones with the silver as the car is a chamnpagne color with beige top and interior.Third..There are only 87,000 miles on the odometer but it will eventually need srtruts as it does have some bounce in the front. What struts would you guys recommend?This car has been great fun so far and wish to have it for a VERY long time. A dream car for me!

Old 02-16-2013, 05:19 PM

Yes, you did post in the wrong spot. "Past Chrysler models" would have been the right place.
As for the oil leak, see if you can find a shop manual. If you can't find a Chrysler manual (look on eBay), see if there's a Haynes or Chilton's manual that covers the car. Study the manual and decide for yourself whether you and your toolbox are up to the task.

There are online tire /wheel stores that may be able to help you with your wheels question. Front wheel drive cars are pretty tight as far as wheel clearance is concerned. You can buy a tool that you can set to simulate the diameter and width of the tire and wheel combination you are contemplating and then you can put the tool on the car and see how it fits. You will need to be able to remove the spring to move the axle through its full range of motion so while replacing struts would be a good time to try it.
You probably won't find a great selection of struts for that car, given its age. I'd start at Rock Auto on line to see what they might have.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the response.I've gone from a 240sx to the lebaron so big difference! Strut choice does seems limited. I used GR2's on the 240 and they seemed to work fine so I'll probably go Monroe again.I did find a site that says a rim up to 19x8 should work on a lebaron. So the rims I want are definitely a possibility.I have rebuilt engines in the past so I'm pretty capable with a set of tools..just wanted to know if i was in for any surprises should I start into the oil seal project.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
dld

There is a new dedicated LeBaron forum just started;
Chrysler Lebaron Community / Forum

Old 03-12-2019, 01:34 AM
Question

Originally Posted by dld
There is a new dedicated LeBaron forum just started;
Chrysler Lebaron Community / Forum
dld,

The "link" doesn't work for me & I see nothing about the group on google = ???????? - Is there a better way to reach the group??

I'm also seeking an owner's club for LeBaron cars & in particular for the post-1985 convertibles.

yours, tex