Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Low beams quit, no light flashes on lock or unlock

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Default Low beams quit, no light flashes on lock or unlock

Hi there,
I am hoping someone can help with this one. On my wife's 2005 Sebring Sedan the low beams just quit working. The hi beams work fine. I have checked all the fuses and they are good. In the process of looking into this issue I noticed that when you lock, unlock, or even hit panic on the remote her lights no longer flash. I am guessing this is all releated. Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Low beams quit, no light flashes on lock or unlock

possable multifunction switch or BCM

Old 06-30-2007, 04:00 PM

BCM? Body Control Module? Is there another relay in there some where that is not listed in the little owners manual?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

yes BCM Body control Module we dont use relays for headlights ne more most now a days most are pulsewith controled by a computer.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:01 AM

Darn. That was not the answer I was hoping for. How can troubleshot this so I know for sure that it is the BCM? Where can I get one and how much should one cost? Is this something that a shadetree mechanic should even mess with?

Old 07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

for u i would try the muitifunction switch first thats the headlight and turn switch. U would not be able to troubleshoot this from a BCM perspective. U would haft to see what the bcm is seeing inorder to say that yes the input and outputs are working correctly.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: cgaeth

Hi there,
I am hoping someone can help with this one. On my wife's 2005 Sebring Sedan the low beams just quit working. The hi beams work fine. I have checked all the fuses and they are good. In the process of looking into this issue I noticed that when you lock, unlock, or even hit panic on the remote her lights no longer flash. I am guessing this is all releated. Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

As silly as this sounds, have you checkedor replaced the bulbs to see if the elements for the low beam are still good? I've had my Sebring Convertible for 3 years and replaced the bulbs it came with about a month after I bought it. I went with the SilverStar bulbs knowing that they are brighter but have a shorter life. I've had to replace those just about each year. One failed and the another about a week later.