Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Default motor swap

Hello... I have a 2001 3.0L Chrysler Sebring coupe which just got ran head long into a telephone pole. The vehicle has been totaled out by the insurance company. The motor/tranny/computer/wire harness ect. is still all unharmed. I will still own the vehicle so all will be accessible.

My question is... can I place the 3.0L motor into a 1999 Dodge Stratus without a lot of fabrication to the engine bay? Does the motor fit into the bay using the original or after market motor mounts? Im willing to spend money on parts if needed.

Im not looking to break speed records with the vehicle after the conversion its just that I have both of them in my arsenal now and I dont want the Sebring motor and the Stratus to go to waste. Im not a welder so fabrication would be difficult but I am very handy and I have done motor swaps before.

I did see one person on a different web page do this very same conversion but I would like to know what needs to be done. If anyone has done this or knows information about this please reply. If anyone has pictures of this conversion taking place please reply.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Default RE: motor swap

sound like fun and a bigger project than you think ( you know how that goes )
Fuel pressure regulator possiblymay be an issue, it's part of the fuel pump in the tank,,,the reluaotr migh eb different pressures,,easily enough checked with specs.
what about the harness connectiosn for ignition, charging computer etc. Fuel connections are not that big of an issue.
exhaust hook up will be a challenge will need some custom pipes made. waht about springs/shocks tranny shift linkage a/c alt mounts ( unless you use the ones from old car and adapt to fit if needed)
Will the raditorbe size sufficient to cool it at long idle ?
I have a 2.5 v6 mitsubishi in a cirrus/stratus and it's a shoe horn job.. especally in the timing belt power steering pump area.it's very tight you don't have ANY additional space

My hats off to you GOOD lUCK