Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

MTX for LXi

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Default MTX for LXi

Hey. I have a 97LXi, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a MTX that wuld bolt up to the 2.5L ( I was thinking maybe the MTX off the 00-04 Eclipse 3.0L). I hate the fact that this car should be faster than it is, but that parasite of a ATX is killing me. 180HP and I should be able to smoke a lot of things on the road. I tried calling Chrysler/Mitsubishi, but they keep telling me to talk to the other company. So does anyone know of a MTX that would swap in?

On a seperate note, My sebring will NOT idle. I turn it on, then it flutuates and dies. I can get it to keep running with the foot on the gas at stop lights, but it is so gay having to drive with 2 feet in a ATX. It even dies on the freeway if I stop too quickly. Now I have been told that the anti-theft computor is normally the culprit (something about the systenm telling the car to shut itself off). May be since I have cut keys, and I do not have keyless entry. But when it is sidling bad, it smells very rich, so I was wonderign if it could be that I dropped a valve, since this is what my mchanic tells me is what probably happened (and for 1k he can fix- but i can do it for that much... lol)
Any help would be apreciated.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:42 PM
ace
Default RE: MTX for LXi

my first thought was ais motor or throttle posistion sensor
either one of those could flood the car with too much fuel

hope its that and not the valve that sucks

Old 07-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Default RE: MTX for LXi

Whoa. Gonna drag up an old post again, and see if anyone today knows the answer.

Car still does NOT idle. We've changed almost evrything possible (The fuel filter, the plugs, wires, etc). I finally got an anti-theft ECU from the junkyard, but have not had time to go put it in (My car is parked about 2 hours from my house currently). The TPS checked out as good tho (We replaced with a working one, and it did the same thing). Since my last post on this topic I've been to the car a whole 2x.

Anyone have an idea?